By Bre Stephens
The April issue of Tactics focuses on making the most of your PR business—covering topics such as launching your own independent PR firm, making the transition from an agency to a solo career and connecting with other indie PR pros across the country.
Here are some articles from this month’s issue that provide insight into navigating the waters of starting an independent PR business, and engaging audiences through emerging platforms and traditional communications—while learning what workplace aspect millennials view as a priority.
- Cathy Hackl, APR, chief communications and content officer of Future Lighthouse and Nicole Henderson, owner of Selsi Enterprises, Live video, discuss how content creators can tap into the growing power of live video, virtual reality and augmented reality to communicate a brand’s story.
- Written by Amy Wylie, this article explains the magic of an effective subhead that will compel audiences to read more.
- Tim O’Brien, APR, owner of O’Brien Communications, shares the insights of independent PR pros, who explain their go-to communications tools for staying on top of their game.
- In this article, Stephen Dupont, APR, vice president of public relations and branded content for Pocket Hercules, compiles the best tips and tricks from entrepreneurs who took a leap to start their own businesses.
- Dean Essner, the editorial assistant for PRSA’s publications, examines how millennials place importance on diversity and inclusion in the workplace.
Read the latest issue of Tactics here.