Content Manager/Editor, University of Pittsburgh
The University of Pittsburgh’s Swanson School of Engineering is seeking a Content Manager/Editor to support the Department of Bioengineering’s visibility and branding. The Content Manager/ Editor will be embedded in and report to the Swanson School’s Director of Marketing and Communications and work closely with the Bioengineering Department Chair; will assist with web content, social media, copy writing and editing, and external communications. Utilizing strong writing and audience-awareness skills as well as fluency in HTML, the Content Manager/Editor will coordinate production of a variety of strategic and operational communications including feature articles, news releases, digital signage, one-sheets, website content, videos, targeted events, social media campaigns, internal communications, and other print materials.
Marketing Content – All Mediums
• Develop content strategy aligned with short-term and long-term marketing targets
• Collaborate with marketing and design teams to plan and develop site content, style and layout
• Create and publish engaging content
• Edit, proofread and improve writers’ posts
• Optimize content according to SEO
• Use content management systems to analyze website traffic and users engagement metrics
• Manage content distribution to online channels and social media platforms to increase web traffic
• Develop an editorial calendar
• Stay up-to-date with developments and generate new ideas to draw audience’s attention
Writing – Copywriting/Editing
• Writing news releases, features, profiles and other articles based on audience
• Proofing and editing copy/content
HTML – Coding/Editing
• Fluency with HTML code
• Editing existing HTML code to fix errors, change layouts, edit copy, change styles, add css classes, etc.
• Writing new HTML code to edit copy, create layouts, change styles, add CSS classes, etc.
Master’s Degree in communications, computer science or a related field from a 4-year college or university, although extensive experience will be considered over advanced degree. Minimum 2 years of experience in writing/communications, preferably with experience in public relations or a university environment. An engineering and/or science writing background is preferred. Fluency in HTML code is required, and familiarity with CSS. Excellent writing/editing skills and ability to apply these within Associate Press Style and university guidelines.
E-mail Paul Kovach at email@example.com