Director of PR and Media Relations, MindfulKreative
Seeking a talented public relations specialist with exceptional media relations skills to join our team. In this role, you will support agency objectives to proactively promote Mindful Kreative’s various clients as leaders in their field. You will be responsible for overseeing direct communications with the media, driving quality press coverage and managing relationships with media. Looking for an exceptional story-teller who will convey the key brand stories and rich data insights in a creative way. Experience in delivering consistent coverage in national, trade and business publications is required. Experience with advocacy work a plus. Must have established relationships with national media contacts.
- Strategy – Help formulate communication and media relations strategy to raise the profile of clients and help grow their brands with an emphasis in garnering high-visibility placements in print, broadcast and online media.
- Media relations – Leverage existing media relationships and cultivate new contacts within media as well as manage media inquiries and interview requests.
- Content creation – Write press releases, byline articles, presentations, interview talking points and related content.
- Thought leadership – Build relationships with thought leaders to grow industry awareness, establish client representatives as thought leaders and expert source through bi-lined articles, interviews and speaking engagements.
- Monitor – Track traditional media coverage and social media mentions and communicate results to clients.
- Research – Maintain a keen understanding of industry trends and research to identify publicity opportunities as they emerge
- Minimum of 5-7 years of solid work experience in public relations with a proven track record of designing and executing successful communications campaigns; agency experience preferred
- Extensive experience with pitching and media outreach
- Proven success in placing quality coverage in target publications
- Must have already established relationships with national and local reporters
- High energy, maturity, and leadership skills with the ability to serve as a unifying force and to position communications discussions at both the strategic and tactical levels.
- Working knowledge of the healthcare and non-profit space
- Exceptional writer, public speaker and communicator
- Solid experience in social media including blogs, Facebook, Twitter, etc.
- Detail-oriented and organized, with ability to prioritize and coordinate own work
- Ability to function in a collaborative organization and be a team player
- Ability to learn new skills as they become necessary
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Advertising, Communications, English or a related discipline
- Work from home
- Competitive compensation (including salary and bonus plan)
- Retirement plan with employer match
- 15 days of flexible paid time off annually
- Additional 9 paid holidays annually
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
Please send resume and salary requirements to AlwaysMindful@MindfulKreative.com.
About Mindful Kreative
Mindful Kreative, Inc., a full-service, boutique communications agency, helps clients build and defend strong, engaging brands and reputations. Our key practice areas include strategic marketing communications, public relations, advertising and media strategy and buying. Mindful Kreative is recognized as an award-winning agency for its client work and business results. Founded in 2002, Mindful Kreative, Inc. is headquartered in Pittsburgh, PA. For more information, visit www.MindfulKreative.com.
Mindful Kreative, Inc. is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination. The Agency prohibits unlawful discrimination in any term or condition of employment against any employee or applicant for employment because of the individual’s race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, marital status, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, disability, membership or service in the armed forces, or any other characteristic protected by law.