Vice President, Marketing, Allegheny County Airport Authority
Under the limited supervision of the Senior Vice President, Marketing and Communications, plan, design and implement strategic and tactical marketing plans; and develop marketing strategies based on research findings in order to increase passenger traffic and to enhance the airport’s customer service offering to improve the customer experience.
- Develop Marketing strategies for customer acquisition and retention based on key consumer insights;
- Identifies creative messaging and opportunities to support overall marketing strategy;
- Oversees research and development of advertising media plans;
- Oversees the management and updating of the organization’s website, including campaign landing pages and other areas for fresh engaging content;
- Manage an airport-wide customer relations program which includes customer service standards, recognition programs, training and other programs;
- Create key performance metrics to measure customer satisfaction and brand awareness; capturing customer behavior, analysis of results, and development of cross-departmental recommendations;
- Develop and enforce customer service standards through customer surveys, focus groups program evaluations; and Internal Customer Service Committee.
- Measures the effectiveness of media and programs to ensure a substantial ROI;
- Ensures marketing and communications materials articulate message platform to ensure strategy is consistently reflected in a clear, concise and compelling style;
- Responsible for consistency of the brand including appropriate use of message, values, graphics, logo, etc;
- Collaborates with marketing staff and outsources agencies to ensure consistent application of brand and messages;
- Effectively manages marketing communication activities between external agencies and the Authority;
- Collaborates with marketing & communications managers to achieve the optimum solution to communications, marketing and customer service challenges;
KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- The policies, practices and techniques of marketing specifically customer loyal management, customer relationship management and customer value management.
- The principles and practices of market research and analysis
- Microsoft Office software including Word, Excel, Power Point and Access
- Procure and manage consultants / contractors
- Travel up to 5%
- Communication – Articulates long-term vision in a compelling way that inspires the team; Actively engages in discussions with peers; Able to confront peers to challenge thinking respectfully
- Strategic Thinking – Analyzes financial, brand and employee impact of major project decisions prior to implementation; Able to identify industry trends and understands competitive landscape
- Team Leadership – Able to assess and deploy talent against project objectives; Focused on developing team talent; Leads through delegation and providing opportunity for team to excel; Takes decisive action with urgency
- Customer Centricity – Understands cross-functional roles to produce a positive customer experience; Makes decisions based on the best interest of all or most stakeholders
The following requirements list the minimum education/training/experience required to qualify for this job. An equivalent combination of education and/or experience may be required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing Management or Business Administration
- 7-10 years progressive experience in marketing with at least three years in a management/supervisor position required.
- Experience in developing marketing strategies and writing marketing plans for consumer and business-to-business required.
- Demonstrated experience in marketing for a large company with multiple product lines and a consumer orientation required.
- Advanced knowledge in all marketing disciplines including but not limited to, advertising, research, direct marketing, collateral development, lead generation, public affairs, event planning and digital marketing.
Receives broad supervision from the Senior Vice President, Marketing and Communication; provides limited supervision to the Customer Relations and Customer Programs Managers.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and depth perception. Must be able to understand and speak clearly in English.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to fumes and outdoor weather conditions for airfield work. The employee is regularly exposed to a moderate noise level in the office work environment and is occasionally exposed to very loud noise level when giving tours and media escorting on the airfield. Subject to remain on duty beyond normal hours or be recalled to duty up to 24 hours per day, seven days a week during emergency situations or other extensive periods.
Employment is contingent upon the results of a physical examination performed by our examining physician.
PRE-EMPLOYMENT DRUG TESTING:
Employment is contingent upon the results of a pre-employment drug screening.
PRE-EMPLOYMENT BACKGROUND INVESTIGATION:
Ability to successfully pass a thorough investigation consisting of a criminal history check (including but not limited to the requirements of TSR 1542.209), verification of prior employment and performance, reference and credentials checks, and in some cases credit history.
Please visit: http://www.flypittsburgh.com/careers