By Bre Stephens
Employees are the backbone of an organization—which is why it’s important to create a culture in which they can thrive while keeping an open, effective line of communication.
With a focus on employee communications, the June issue of Tactics provides readers with a variety of insights into utilizing modern internal communication platforms, increasing productivity in the workplace and implementing successful strategies to keep employees engaged.
- Say goodbye to old-fashioned email and hello to Slack. Natan Edelsburg, executive vice president at Muck Rack, talks about how PR teams and agencies can benefit from Slack’s modern twist on internal communications.
- Catriona Harris, CEO of Uproar PR, discusses how agencies can maximize company culture by hiring employees who mesh well and creating a welcoming, nurturing office environment.
- Who said play was only for kids? Samantha Roblin, general manager, ZogSports Corporate Culture Business, tells readers how play in the workplace can foster a sense of community—leading to increased productivity, morale and engagement.
- Get a glimpse into internal communications at Chipotle Mexican Grill’s as Amy Jenkins, internal communications manager, explains how her team handled the foodborne-illness outbreak crisis. She also offers best practices for engaging employees and effectively communicating with them in crises.
- Ben Butler, APR, founder and client services director for Top Hat, shares four lessons he’s learned along his journey running an agency—one of which is understanding how business works.
Read the latest issue of Tactics here.