By Bre Stephens
Those of you who attended this year’s PRSA International Conference know all about the spirit of revolution. If you weren’t able to make it, you can still learn how to start a PR revolution in this month’s issue of Tactics. Here’s a peek at the highlights from some of this year’s speakers:
- Morgan Spurlock, award-winning filmmaker and host of CNN’s “Inside Man,” shared how to create original content that has the power to change the world. According to Morgan, PR professionals must be willing to take criticism, have people who believe in them and their vision, and have persistence of vision.
- It’s a known fact that success doesn’t come easy. Bea Arthur, a therapist, entrepreneur and media personality, talked about how the secret to success is resilience.
- AmyK Hutchens, business strategist and leadership development expert, spoke to leaders about how they can foster brilliance inside their organizations.
- According to author and digital marketing expert Jay Baer, customers trust people more than they trust companies. He discussed how PR professionals can harness word-of-mouth communication to bring success to their clients.
- Maureen Halley Lederhos, director of marketing communications for Project Bread, explained how the company implemented outreach programs to help raise awareness of the amount of Massachusetts residents who lack access to nutritious food.
Read the latest issue of Tactics here.