Under the strong, committed leadership of president Ben Butler, 2019 was a fantastic year for PRSA Pittsburgh, with tons of new faces, engaging programming and professional learning experiences ready to be channelled in the new year. PRSA Pittsburgh is thrilled to announce the official 2020 Board of Directors!
“I take a look at the goals we set out to achieve in 2019 and I’m thrilled because we’ve accomplished all of them,” says Ben Butler, APR, 2019 PRSA Pittsburgh President. “The 2019 board was one of the most cohesive, motivated, and fun groups I’ve had the pleasure to work with. Thanks to their efforts, we’re heading into 2020 with momentum, great leadership, and another rockstar board.”
The 2020 Board boasts an exciting mix of PRSA Pittsburgh veterans along with eager young professionals. This balance promises to foster new ideas and perspectives while having the experience necessary to carry them successfully to fruition.
Proposed and finalized by the PRSA Pittsburgh Nominating Committee, we welcome:
- President | Jordan Mitrik, Brunner
- Vice President | Dan Ayer, Field General
- Secretary | Robin Rectenwald, WordWrite
- Treasurer | Darcey Mamone, NAMI
- Assistant Treasurer | Brian Ackermann, Red Havas
- Immediate Past President | Ben Butler, APR, Top Hat
- Communications Chair | Ashley Jones, Beyond Spots & Dots
- Social Media Co-Chair | Taylor Fife, Manchester Bidwell Corporation
- Social Media Co-Chair | Megha Pai, WordWrite
- Web Content Manager | Stacey Federoff, Point Park University
- Multimedia Lead | Alex Grubbs, Point Park University
- Multimedia Committee Member | Nick Jones, Point Park University
- Website Lead | Ben Butler, APR, Top Hat
- Member Services Chair | Kariann Mano, Red Havas
- Programming Co-Chair | Jesse Serra, rue21
- Programming Co-Chair | Mallory Manz, Carlow University
- Renaissance Awards Co-Chair | Alex Oltmanns, Pipitone Group
- Renaissance Awards Co-Chair | Morgan McCoy, Touchtown
- PR Summit Co-Chair | Nathan Petrillo, NeighborWorks Western Pennsylvania
- PR Summit Co-Chair | Lily Whorl, Red Havas
- Young Professionals Co-Chair | Deanna Tomaselli, Red Havas
- Young Professionals Co-Chair | Catherine Clements, Red Havas
- Accreditation Lead | Ben Butler, APR, Top Hat
- Public Service Lead | Kristen Wishon, Greater Pittsburgh Arts Council
- Student Liaison | Camille Downing, Point Park University
- Sponsorship Lead | Steve Radick, BCW Global
A Message from the 2020 President
“For PRSA Pittsburgh, 2019 was filled with high-energy events and engaging members. As we turn the page to 2020, I look forward to continuing the legacy set forth by previous Chapter leaders while creating new opportunities for our members with my fellow board of directors,” said Jordan Mitrik, 2020 PRSA Pittsburgh President. “There has never been a more exciting time to be a communications professional, and we are committed to creating a community in Pittsburgh you feel proud to be a part of. Cheers to a new board, a new year and a new decade!”
Diversity Chair Position Still Open!
It’s not too late to join the 2020 Board! We’re still looking to fill our revived Diversity Chair position. We welcome fresh ideas for fulfilling the role and anticipate that the Diversity Chair will be highly involved across every aspect of PRSA Pittsburgh communications, events and member relations. Communications and PR professionals of all identities and seniority levels are encouraged to inquire or apply at firstname.lastname@example.org!
We look forward to an exciting year of propelling Pittsburgh PR forward!