By Deanna Tomaselli and Catherine Clements
Young Professionals Co-Chairs
2021 continued to throw us twists as the pandemic continued, but that didn’t stop our Young Professionals Committee from providing valuable online content! Our “At Home With” series, hosted in our Young Professionals Facebook Group (of 300 members and growing!), took us on a journey all year, with interviews from some of the top communications professionals in the Pittsburgh region (and beyond).
From how the American Red Cross grew their TikTok to nearly 800,000 followers – to how a young PR pro started her own agency – to how Sidney Crosby’s media relations representative handled his COVID-19 diagnosis – the interviews covered it all. Each discussion also provided insightful advice for those in the industry.
If you aren’t a member of our group already, join us and catch the replays at the links below.
- Drew Benvie, CEO & Founder of global agency Battenhall
- Chris Lovingood, Former anchor at WTAE-TV
- Jennifer Ridgley, Vice President, Media Relations at Pittsburgh Penguins
- Abby Pittinarro, Community Giving and Digital Marketing Manager, The Children’s Institute
- Nicole Bruno, Founder and Director of PR & Social Media for boutique agency, Bruno PR & Social
- Melissa Kelly, Strategic Media and Communications Planner at media and marketing agency, Hoffman Murtaugh
- Jessica Buckholtz, Senior Creative Specialist, Social Engagement at American Red Cross
- Josh Taylor, Sports Anchor and Reporter at KDKA-TV, Weekend Morning Sports Talk Radio Host at KDKA-FM, 93.7 “The Fan,” Play-by-Play Announcer and Color Analyst for Duquesne Men’s and Women’s Basketball on ESPN+ and for high school football on “The Pickle” 92.1 FM.