About the President
Meredith Klein, Associate Director, Public Relations, Brunner
Meredith Klein is associate director of public relations at Brunner, one of the top independent advertising agencies in the U.S. Her background in reputation management, crisis communications, content creation, media relations and social media successfully guides clients to solidified market share and strengthened brand positioning. Her brand advocacy steers clients forward, achieving both business and communications goals.
As associate director of public relations, Klein is responsible for the full portfolio of PR clients including 2017 Super Bowl advertiser 84 Lumber, multi-national heavy equipment rental company Compact Power Equipment Rental and global flooring solutions provider Tarkett. In 2017, she was named a “30 Under 30” by the Pittsburgh Business Times, honoring leaders for their successful efforts to spearhead growth and for their contributions to the community and civic organizations, and a “50 Under 30” by The Drum, honoring women who have pushed the creative envelope in their respective fields. She is also a 2016 recipient of PRSA Pittsburgh’s “Rising Star” award. Her work has appeared in MediaPost.
Klein serves as president of PRSA Pittsburgh and volunteers as the communications committee
lead with Strong Women Strong Girls.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Presides over all regular and special meetings of the Board.
- Appoints, with the approval of the Board, committees and committee leaders, ensuring that the potential of each member is recognized.
- Serves as an ex-officio member of all committees except the Nominating Committee.
- Coordinates the functions of all officers and committees. Ensures that the committee structure operates smoothly and that the purpose of committees is routinely evaluated.
- Directs the overall operations of the Chapter. Oversees the planning and goal-setting process. Recommends and directs the execution of policies and programs in the interest of members and with approval of the Board. Co-signs with at least one other officer all written contracts and obligations of the Chapter.
- Monitors the financial health and financial management of the Chapter in cooperation
with the Board and Executive Director (if applicable). Has signature authority on all Chapter accounts and ensures all IRS requirements are met.
- Represents or designates a chapter member to represent the Chapter within the PRSA District. Selects an alternate if Assembly Delegate is unable to attend Assembly meetings. Ensures the Chapter meets the minimum standards for chapters as outlined by PRSA.
- Oversees the work of any individual or firm the Board of Directors may hire to assist in the conducting of Chapter business. Supervises and coordinates the annual evaluation of these individuals or firms.
- Serve as a spokesperson for the organization.
- Mentor President-elect and transfer knowledge to prepare that individual for their term of office.