About the Treasurer
Caitlin Driscoll, Better Business Bureau
Caitlin Driscoll is the Public Relations Director of the Better Business Bureau of Western PA, a non-profit organization that has been helping people find businesses, brands and charities they can trust for over 100 years. In her role, Caitlin works with organizations and local media throughout the 28 counties of Western PA to educate consumers and businesses about BBB programs and services, ethical business practices and the latest scams targeting the marketplace.
Caitlin serves on the Board of Pittsburgh’s chapter of the Public Relations Society of America as Treasurer and has held various positions within the organization over the past six years. She also serves as the Professional Advisor for Clarion University’s PRSSA chapter and is a member of the Leadership Development Initiative XXV class.
The purpose of the Treasurer is to ensure that the board meets all of its responsibilities by maintaining accurate and detailed financial records for the chapter. Specific responsibilities include:
- Working with the board to establish an annual budget for approval
- Managing, collecting and disbursing all chapter money, with approval of the board
- Informing the board of the chapter’s financial status by supplying a detailed monthly report at each meeting
- Preparing and rendering annual financial statements for tax preparation and maintaining the chapter’s insurance policy
Goals for 2018:
- Ensure that the chapter remains financially viable by monitoring revenues and expenses in conjunction with the approved annual budget
- Continually evaluate financial circumstances for reallocation of any excess funds to help meet chapter objectives
- Seek opportunities to streamline or simplify the chapter’s financial processes and update policies accordingly