The rise of misinformation in the media is all around us. And with the public increasingly using platforms like social media as its main source of news, the PR profession has a key role in maintaining the integrity of that information.
This year, PR Summit will once again be digital, where we will host a pair of virtual sessions on Wednesday, October 13 and Thursday, October 14 with a renowned panel of national and local experts for a critical discussion on how to guard against the spread of misinformation.
Discussion points will include:
• Misinformation is not new—how the spread of false information has impacted black communities
• State of the media today and the role of the Black Press
• Journalism ethics
• Advice for PR pros
• COVID, vaccines, social justice and more. What has the past 18 months taught us?
Moderated by Andrew Conte, Ph.D, director, Center for Media Innovation, Point Park University.
- Dr. Benjamin Chavis, president and CEO, National Newspaper Publishers Association and host/executive producer of The Chavis Chronicles on PBS
- Kim Palmiero, CEO, editor-in-chief, Postindustrial Media
The 2021 PR Summit is proudly sponsored by The Pennsylvania NewsMedia Association Foundation.