The rise of misinformation in the media is all around us. And with the public increasingly using platforms like social media as its main source of news, the PR profession has a key role in maintaining the integrity of that information.
This year, PR Summit will once again be digital, where we will host a pair of virtual sessions on Wednesday, October 13 and Thursday, October 14 with a renowned panel of national and local experts for a critical discussion on how to guard against the spread of misinformation.
Discussion points will include:
- Misinformation vs. disinformation vs. malinformation
- Cutting through the clutter to get to the truth
- What can PR pros do and what should they watch out for?
- Recommended tools
- Is this the new normal or can we fix it?
- Jim Lokay, anchor, Fox 5 News, Washington D.C.
- John Allison, news editor, Trib Total Media
- Jessica Ghilani, Ph.D., associate professor of communication at University of Pittsburgh at Greensburg
- Paul Gough, reporter, Pittsburgh Business Times
The 2021 PR Summit is proudly sponsored by The Pennsylvania NewsMedia Association Foundation.