This is a PRSA Webinar, free for PRSA Pittsburgh members.
Web visitors don’t read. They skim. Increase your return on your writing time and effort by putting your messages where their eyes are — in the display copy.
- Steal 4 tricks from the BBC for writing world-class web headlines.
- Get the word out with bulleted lists with our 6-step list-writing makeover.
- Stop writing the most common type of link. It reduces skimming, clicking and accessibility.
- Pass the Goldilocks test. Make sure your links aren’t too long or too short.
- Bust the myth of page view time. Help readers understand better, remember longer and enjoy your webpage more in half the time.
Ann Wylie, president, Wylie Communications
Wylie works with communicators who want to reach more readers, and with organizations that want to get the word out. Her workshops take her from Hollywood to Helsinki, and to organizations like NASA, Nike and Nokia. More than 14,000 communicators worldwide subscribe to her e-zine, Wylie’s Writing Tips. She has earned more than 60 awards, including two IABC Gold Quills, for her work.
Participants with the APR credential earn 1.0 APR Maintenance Credit for a webinar. Learn more about Accreditation maintenance.