Account Coordinator, WordWrite Communications
We believe an organization’s authentic story is its most powerful marketing asset. We help our clients uncover, develop and share their authentic story, to move hearts and minds and deliver results.
At WordWrite, we believe the best in each other; want the best for each other and expect the best from each other.
We strive to be a trusted partner of our clients. We have a natural curiosity when it comes to understanding our clients, their industry and their challenges. We go the extra mile and exceed expectations, with clients and with our partners and business contacts. We share and celebrate success!
Your Opportunity: Account Coordinator
WordWrite seeks talented, early career social media/public relations team members who can handle day-to-day account needs at the direction of account leaders.
The account coordinator is a key member of an agency team, focused on assisting senior staffers in developing comprehensive public relations, social media and inbound marketing programs. As a junior member of the team, the account coordinator works directly with agency account executives/senior account executives to create and implement strategies and tactics for clients and the agency.
The ideal account coordinator candidate will have strong written, verbal and organizational skills with a baseline understanding of how a PR agency works. As client account duties can change daily, prospective candidates should also be able to adapt quickly to new situations. Based on account relationships and budgets, the account coordinator will have the opportunity to assist with day-to-day account management in preparation for an assistant account executive role in the agency.
In addition to general client duties, the account coordinator will have a key team role in developing and extending WordWrite’s proprietary storytelling brand using a variety of PR, social media and inbound marketing tactics.
This is an opportunity to remake public relations for clients and your agency – and have fun doing it.
The Account Coordinator Role:
You connect with people quickly in an outgoing, friendly manner. You use persuasive communication skills to gain the interest and involvement of others. You possess an extreme sense of urgency, combined with a drive to get work done in complete, accurate detail and in accordance with WordWrite standards and policies. You have a strong sense of duty and a feeling of responsibility for completing work both quickly and correctly.
As an agency, our work pace is faster than average and so you must be impatient for results. You will make daily decisions on your work by seeking the ideas and advice of others, then acting, always within the guidelines of the WordWrite Way. Change is an ongoing part of this job and you embrace it with the support and guidance of management. On a daily basis, you will:
- Assist with agency initiatives to develop PR, inbound, social media and other services, processes, systems, etc.
- Work with account leads to manage day-to-day client programs.
- Help team members draft content for ongoing client needs — including PR materials, social posts, blog posts, articles, email blasts, content calendars, etc.
- Participate in appropriate strategic initiatives to benefit WordWrite and our team members.
- Develop internal programs to further promote the WordWrite brand to external audiences —including but not limited to drafting social media content calendars, drafting blog posts, creating marketing materials and devising PR strategies.
- Participate in professional development activities to expand industry knowledge and experience.
- Work with WordWrite leadership to map out a short-term and long-term path for personal and professional growth and development as a member of the WordWrite team.
The ideal Account Coordinator will have:
- Experience: Entry level, agency internship experience preferred
- Education: A four-year degree in Public Relations, English, Communications, Marketing or a related area of study
- Expected billability*: 65-75 percent, or five-six hours a day, average. (*The amount of time executing work that can be billed back to a client.)
The successful candidate will enjoy the WordWrite culture, including:
- Flexible work schedule to accommodate work-life balance
- Work-from-home two days per month (effective after six months)
- Opportunity for bonuses based on individualized KPIs set within the employee’s first month
- Medical insurance (50% of major medical premium paid by WordWrite, employee is responsible for remaining 50%; vision and dental available at employee’s expense), company-contributed 401(k)
- Paid holiday, vacation and personal/sick days
- Professional development opportunities and participation in professional organizations
- Quarterly (at least) celebratory brunches and Happy Hours
- Team lunches
- Chair massages (Need we say more?)
- Paid professional memberships
- Commuter/parking assistance
- Annual holiday team gathering
- Team building events
- Private club membership
- Cool work space (storytellers corner, free coffee and pop, snacks)
Send resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org