Ceisler Media is seeking a mid-level candidate to join its team in our Pittsburgh office.
- Manages relationships with clients and leads project teams, developing project timelines and key deliverables.
- Develops and implements multi-faceted communications, media relations and grassroots advocacy plans.
- Supports the creation of compelling written materials including press releases, media advisories, letters to the editor/op-eds, media pitches, digital content, speeches, testimony, byline articles, etc.
- Leads media outreach, including both proactive (crafting pitches, developing reporter relationships, etc.) and reactive (taking media calls about events, breaking news, crisis communications, etc.)
- Manages campaigns and coalitions around advocacy issues, including email communications and regular contact with coalition partners and key stakeholders
- Assists with the management of statewide grassroots efforts such as letter-writing, op-ed or LTE campaigns as well as targeted media placements designed to complement government relations strategies
- Maintains relationships with key local, regional and statewide stakeholders – including reporters/media outlets, elected officials, civic and community leaders, business leaders, etc.
- Monitors clients’ businesses and industries to maintain a current knowledge base; provides clip reports to clients as needed and in collaboration with Media Operations team.
- Directs planning of, and manages staffing for, client-related events, as required.
- Attends public community stakeholder meetings to support clients’ needs (requires flexibility to work outside normal business and some travel)
- Participates in business development efforts by researching, generating RFP responses and proposals, preparing case studies, attending new business meetings and cultivating relationships with prospective clients.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Highly focused, organized, and with impeccable attention to detail.
- Experience leading project teams or client work; client service experience and poise working with senior leadership.
- Ability to demonstrate sound judgment and execute against deliverables under deadlines and competing priorities.
- Proficient in leading and integrating digital and social media campaigns into traditional earned media or advocacy efforts with an understanding of best practices.
- Excellent interpersonal, networking, and influencing skills.
- Results-oriented with ability to develop and foster relationships with key stakeholders internally and externally.
- Willingness to adapt to the many changing requirements/needs of a fast-paced company and industry.
- Ability to thrive in a collaborative, team-oriented culture.
- Conscientious, motivated, self-directed, and proactive with a willingness to take on additional projects.
- Proven track record of excellence, ownership, and accountability
- Technical Skills: Strong proficiency with the Microsoft Office 365; knowledge of Cision, Critical Mention, Sprout Social and/or Salesforce preferred.
- At least five years’ experience at a public relations agency and/or an in-house communications managerial role for a professional services company or public policy, journalism, government, nonprofit, agency or professional services background
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Journalism, Political Science or other liberal arts discipline
Along with your cover letter, please include your resume, salary requirements and writing samples. Please send to Careers at Careers@ceislermedia.com.