Assistant/Associate Director of Marketing and Communications for Public Relations, Saint Vincent College
The Office of Marketing and Communications at Saint Vincent College currently has an opening for a full-time Assistant/Associate Director of Marketing and Communications for Public Relations. The position will be responsible for enhancing the visibility, understanding and support of the College and its mission, vision, goals, activities and accomplishments. This is pursued through several major areas of activity:
- By maintaining professional relationships with print, radio, and television media personnel.
- By advocating consistency in branding, design and messaging for all college communications – print, TV, radio, Web, etc.
- By writing, editing and placing stories about Saint Vincent College students, faculty, administrators and staff and their activities, accomplishments and vision in local, regional and national print and electronic media to raise awareness among constituents in support of student recruitment, fundraising and presidential initiatives.
- By writing material for Admission, Advancement and other publications of the College.
- By assisting with editing of all College publications and other materials as needed.
- By assisting with development and editing of paid advertising for all administrative and academic units.
- By supporting and participating in initiatives of the Office of Marketing and Communications.
Bachelor’s Degree in Communication or related field
Three to five (3-5) years’ experience as an administrator in a college or university public relations office or similar institutional setting.
- Lead College media relations activities including development, pitching and placement
of all official college press releases as well as assigning and supervising writing
projects of student staff.
- Serve as official College spokesperson with the print, radio and television news media.
- Make contact with the news media to present story ideas and photo opportunities to
editors, writers and photographers.
- Coordinate media interviews and placements for faculty, administrators and staff as needed.
- Provide professional assistance with communication needs of college officials as requested.
- Serve as presenter contact for news release development and media coordinator for the Threshold Series.
- Assist the Vice President for Marketing and Communications with maintaining records of publications and advertising for all departments in the College.
- Participate in a variety of College activities and events sponsored by Institutional Advancement, the Office of the President and others as requested.
- Participate in community relations activities as requested and appropriate.
Special Challenges and Environment:
Performs in what is frequently a high-stress office environment requiring quick response to media requests, preparedness for media interviews, managing many deadline-oriented projects concurrently, and production of materials that are of impeccable quality and appearance. The work is highly visible and requires frequent public contact.
10% local/regional travel is required.