Communications Specialist, Catholic Charities of the Diocese of Pittsburgh
Catholic Charities has a long-standing history of doing good work by helping people in need. Founded in 1910 to serve struggling immigrant families who came to our region and arrived hungry, homeless and alone, Catholic Charities helped them with food, clothing, shelter and the skills necessary to begin a new life. Today, Catholic Charities continues the efforts of our founders with compassionate service that empowers individuals, strengthens families and builds better communities.
The Communications Specialist is an integral member of the Marketing and Communications Team and will create and implement marketing strategies, public and media relations activities, and internal and external communications, including printed materials, fundraising appeals and social media. The Communications Specialist will work collaboratively within the Development Department on fundraising efforts, events and special projects.
Key Performance Objectives:
- Serves as the lead graphic designer for the Agency.
- Develops and implements website and social media (Facebook, Twitter, e-blasts, website, etc.) efforts.
- Supports the Marketing and Communications Director in developing annual appeal and special campaign themes, messages and designs.
- Supports the marketing/branding plan and calendar.
- Assists with the production of newsletters, annual reports, brochures, promotional materials, ads and media packets.
- Develops all material and communications related to events, including invitations, sponsor packets and signage.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Marketing, or a related field is required.
- A minimum of three years of experience working in either a marketing or communications role is required.
- Thorough knowledge of current design techniques is required.
- Experience with traditional and digital/social media platforms is required.
- Effective oral, written and presentation skills are required.
- A demonstrated history of successfully managing multiple projects and deadlines is required.
- The ability to keep the “big picture” in mind while attending to the details is required.
- Previous experience working in a non-profit agency is preferred.
- Act 33/34 clearances required.
What We Offer:
Catholic Charities offers an opportunity to do good work within our communities. As the Communications Specialist, you will have an integral role with implementing plans and initiatives that market and promote the Agency’s mission and vision.
In addition to a competitive salary and a collaborative team environment, Catholic Charities offers a benefits package that includes:
- medical, dental and vision plans
- generous time off programs, including 14 paid holidays per year
- a retirement plan that is fully paid by Catholic Charities
- employer-paid life insurance and long-term disability insurance
- a business casual dress environment
Application and Selection Process:
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume with salary requirement to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that only candidates selected for interviews will be notified.
Catholic Charities of the Diocese of Pittsburgh is an equal opportunity employer.