Koppers is currently seeking an undergraduate student willing to spend approximately 15 hours per week to support the Corporate Communications team on a variety of key projects.
- Contribute to writing, editing and proofing of internal employee communications
- Contribute fresh and creative ideas on a variety of internal and external projects
- Support the management of internal corporate blog (secure content, draft stories, post weekly updates to intranet)
- Create content for the company’s digital communications boards
- Contribute engaging content for company’s Facebook and LinkedIn pages
- Assist with evaluating external website content and making day-to-day updates
- Support the organization and management of Koppers digital media library
- Contribute to employee engagement projects and initiatives
- Provide corporate event planning support, as needed
- Help track corporate sponsorship assets and payments
- Other duties and related tasks as assigned
- A student at the junior or senior level who is working toward a degree in Public Relations, Marketing, Communications, Advertising, Multimedia Design or related major
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills
- Driven to create and share new ideas
- Strong research and organizational skills; detail-oriented
- Comfort initiating outreach and engagement with employees at all levels of the organization
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Knowledge of Adobe Premiere, Photoshop, InDesign or Canva a plus
For questions about the application process, please contact Charisse Alexander at AlexanderCL@koppers.com or 412 227 2421.
Koppers Inc. and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other category or characteristic protected by federal law, state, or local law.