Corporate Communications Specialist, DDI
We have an exciting opportunity for a motivated and experienced communicator to help us successfully meet the growing need for effective communications across our global business. In this role, you’ll plan and develop internal communications messaging that supports strategic objectives of the business while providing communications expertise, support, consultation and guidance. You will work on multiple projects across various business functions which will provide variety in your day-to-day work.
The Corporate Communications Specialist partners with senior management to plan and develop internal communications messaging that supports the strategic objectives of the business and aligns with corporate and CEO messaging.
- Provides communications expertise, support, consultation, and guidance.
- Responsible for project management of internal communications initiatives and assignments that are large and/or complex in scope.
- Communicates policies, programs and key issues to employees through multiple internal channels.
- Partners closely with various levels of management and business functions to identify business/communication objectives and translate into internal communications plans.
- Ensures effective delivery of key messages to targeted employee audiences.
- Write and distribute easy-to-understand internal communications via a variety of channels that align with DDI’s business strategy, core values, and culture.
- Performs project management duties to include planning, tracking deliverables, identifying potential visuals and interfacing with creative teams for production as well as working with other areas (internally and externally) for execution.
- Utilizes current communications vehicles and identifies and tests emerging vehicles/technologies to better reach targeted audiences.
- Develop and implement new initiatives to keep internal communications fresh and continually transforming.
- Evaluates communication plan effectiveness using appropriate success metrics. Adjusts plans based on employee and management feedback.
- Recommends internal communications solutions to open ended business challenges.
- Assists in the creation of significant business documents for various presentations and meetings.
- Review, moderate, publish, and coordinate content for DDILink, DDI’s intranet.
- Manage and monitor multiple internal communications mailboxes and distribution lists and maintain internal communications calendar.
- Additional special projects, as needed.
(These are the minimum qualifications you need to be considered for the job)
- Bachelor’s degree (preferably in in Communications, English, Journalism, Public Relations or Marketing) or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 5-7 years of relevant and progressively more responsible communications experience, to include internal communications work.
- Experience working with all levels of the corporate hierarchy, from front-line employees to executive management.
- Strong understanding of business needs and how to leverage communications to support business objectives.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including a strong writing and editing background.
- Strong analytical, organizational and advanced project planning skills with a proven track record of execution.
- Strong knowledge of various communications vehicles to include both current and emerging technologies.
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and use critical thinking to identify and solve problems.
- A track record of delivering high-quality communications plans, materials and experiences
- Strong digital media skills (including video, audio, intranet, social media, virtual meetings); proficiency with Microsoft Office suite preferred
- Possesses strong interpersonal skills and attention to detail.
- Self-starter with ability to work independently.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
When applying, provide at least three professional writing samples.