akhia, headquartered in Hudson, Ohio, is currently looking for a remote, full-time Digital Designer to create interactive online content for both B2B and B2C global and national brands. As a Digital Designer, you will be responsible for creating exceptional digital experiences that deliver on brand, aesthetic, and marketing strategy. You will partner with multidisciplinary teams to support a broad range of projects from experience framing to execution. The Digital Designer plays a multi-faceted digital design role – building and optimizing websites / apps / interfaces; creating digital advertising; newsletters; emails; animations/motion graphics; social media content and interactive e-books.
The ideal candidate should be able to efficiently combine creativity, functionality and technology to produce eye-catching and informative content. In this role, organization and technical skills are key, along with an in-depth knowledge of design software programs.
- Produce innovative and on-brand visual designs for end-to-end lifecycle of the target audience(s), from concept to execution
- Develop designs for websites, email marketing pieces, digital advertising, and social media
- Design creative assets that drive customer actions and awareness
- Prepare for creative reviews by outputting optimized files and presentation materials
- Guide ideas to meet both creative and business goals within the project scope
- Present digital designs that are responsive/mobile
- Consult with technical disciplines to ensure designs work within given limitations, and files are prepared with all necessary information to support the design intent
- 4-6 years of experience in a digital design role, agency experience a plus.
- BA/BS in Communication Design, UI/UX Design, Interactive Design, Digital Design, New Media Design, or Advertising Design
- Software Fluency in the latest digital programs and tools: Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Premiere, After Effects, Light Room, XD), Figma, Sketch, Invision, etc.
- Understanding of online design constraints, including mobile space, web usability, SEO, browser behavior, front-end design limitations, cross-platform compatibility, ADA requirements
- Understanding of digital design principles and an awareness of UX, UI and responsive design trends
- A portfolio that demonstrates strong design skills in the core areas of digital design
- Collaborating with internal teams in Client Service, Digital/Channel, and Content to ensure that all designs align with the brand image, while also meeting usability and digital standards.
- Awareness of emerging digital design and technology trends in B2B and B2C industries
- Flexibility in an environment of constant change.
- Exceptional project management skills, including the ability to lead multiple initiatives and handle complexity with confidence
- Effectively present work internally and externally to clients, with thoughtful rationale
- Work within designated budgets, timelines, and branding guidelines
- Passionate about design and immersed in current industry trends
- Adhere to the akhia core values in all business interactions, and conduct self in a manner that reflects the agency’s vision and values at all times
- Must submit a portfolio or link to portfolio demonstrating breadth of project experience
Inclusive Employee Benefits
- Medical (PPO or HSA), Dental, Vision Plans
- Long-Term Disability and Life Insurance at no cost to employee
- Flexible Schedule for work/life balance: option to work 4 or 5 days a week, balanced to fit your needs
- Fully remote workforce
- Generous PTO (Paid Time Off) including:
- Vacation-accrual based on length of service
- 10 holidays PLUS last week of December
- Parental Leave
- Retirement savings options with company match
- Annual profit-sharing bonus
- Employee referral bonus
- Mentoring opportunities
- Tuition reimbursement
- Wellness program including live virtual yoga classes and wellness apps
- Financial wellness program
- Community outreach and social responsibility program
- Paid Volunteer Days
- Fun company gatherings hosted by our Culture Committee, both virtual and in person!
akhia is focused on providing communications solutions to business challenges. Our roster of leading B2B and B2C companies rely on us for a range of services, including public relations, internal communications, digital channel strategy, visual communications and content strategy and creation.
We believe firmly that the talent and passion of our people make all the difference. At akhia we: counsel our clients, support each other, work hard and find balance, believe in ourselves and hold ourselves accountable in all we do.
akhia is the recipient of seven Top Workplace awards, and has received Weatherhead 100 awards, the Smart Culture award, and the Best Employers in Ohio award.
akhia is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, veteran or military status, or any other form of discrimination determined to be unlawful by federal, state, or local statutes.
Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.