Director, Marketing Communications, VISITPittsburgh
VisitPITTSBURGH is recruiting for a creative and collaborative individual to manage the strategic organizational marketing communications area. This position is responsible for creating local awareness campaigns and designated as an organizational spokesperson. This position requires on-camera experience, as well as engagement and connections with local media.
This is a full-time, exempt position that reports to the Chief Marketing Officer and supervises two full-time Marketing Communications professionals.
- Seasoned, extensive knowledge and ten years of experience in public relations, marketing, advertising and organizational communications
- Superior writing skills, ability to write editorials, speeches, white papers, presentations and letters on issues that impact the organization and/or produce a strategic communication policy. Copy writing skills highly preferred
- Superior editing and proofreading skills, as well as attention to detail
- Professional self-starter who takes the initiative
- Creative thinker, with the ability to successfully collaborate and work on a team
- Proven supervisory, interpersonal, conflict resolution and communication skills
- On-camera experience and connections and engagement with local media
- Understanding and knowledge of web and social media platforms
- Highly tech savvy, with knowledge of social and web content writing and web and social media analytics
- Able to effectively multi-task, make decisions under tight deadlines by using effective time management skills and in a rapid-paced workplace environment
- Available to work extra hours and attend special events, as necessary
- Travel by both car and air
- Proficient in Macintosh and Windows-based computer programs, including MS Office Suite. Expert knowledge in PowerPoint, as well as online marketing tools including Constant Contact, design tools including Adobe Photoshop and social media platforms
Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, Public Relations, Journalism or related experience is required; an advanced degree is preferred.
This position offers a competitive salary and an outstanding benefit package.
To be considered, qualified applicants must submit a cover letter, resume and a marketing/public relations portfolio. No calls please. VisitPITTSBURGH is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Apply online at https://www.visitpittsburgh.com/about-us/employment-opportunities/