Interim Global Public Relations Manager (Contractor), Philips
The Interim Global Public Relations Manager will report directly to the Senior Manager, Global Public Relations, supporting Product and Thought-Leadership PR for the Sleep and Respiratory Care (SRC) Business Group. He or she will also work closely with the Marketing Communications team and the SRC Integrated Communications Business Partner to ensure that product and campaign news is elevated to a reputation and brand level, and leveraged in internal communications with the broader Philips community, in collaboration with the Philips Group Press Office and the content & channels center of excellence (CCoE) when appropriate. The Global Public Relations Manager will partner with the SRC Integrated Communications Business Partner and the Marketing Communications Team to coordinate multi-market product launches, globally-relevant announcements and SRC-related global news announcement directly with global press office. He or she will also work closely with SRC agency contacts to showcase value in regional and global coverage by reporting back to business group leaders and colleagues, allowing for regional coverage to be leveraged for marketing and sales needs.
The position is a six (6) month contract position to support the current Senior Global Public Relations Manager during maternity leave and will include on/off transition periods at the fore and backend of the timeline.
- Plays a key role within an integrated marketing team, assisting in the development of winning product focused campaigns for the business group across all of its businesses
- Focusing on B2B and B2C (C-suite/industry/thought leaders), this person will develop and grow successful relationships with national media outlets and trade outlets
- Supports and, in the absence of the Senior Manager, acts as the voice of digital and traditional PR in the team, working with leading PR agencies and other ‘loop’ agency partners (creative agency, media buying agency, research agency)
- Translates campaigns into simple and effective toolkits that can be activated in local markets by the dedicated consumer PR network
- Where relevant, manages global activation of campaigns and is champion of campaign platforms in social media
- Is able to drive a content strategy for online and work with community manager(s) to execute this strategy both centrally and in the key markets
- Is an expert and drives digital knowledge on link-building, writing for SEO and generating online buzz
- Is an expert on industry news and driving thought leadership upon news trends
- Measures and translates the impact of campaigns on pre-determined performance indicators both for media coverage as well as online KPIs
- Builds and maintains close relationships with PR Managers in the markets, supporting them with activation tools and support
- Coordinates PR activities and messaging for Philips events as well as business related events
We are looking for:
- Bachelors of Marketing or related degree
- Passionate about understanding people and trends, especially of sleep and respiratory
- Proven experience (2-5 years) in healthcare and/or medical device PR
- Experience with health and wellness as well as lifestyle PR
- Experience managing agencies, large budgets and multi-country projects
- A true understanding of communications with expertise in digital PR and social media
- Proven experience in organizing and managing the communication pre/during/post events, managing media contacts, maintaining a network of bloggers and other online influencers and aligning with the Social Media manager in creating and executing a social media strategy
- A strong presenter, with the ability to influence peers and other stakeholders with the correct information and the appropriate attitude
- A strategic thinker, who can work in a dynamic team, be proactive and pragmatic and be a strong representative of the Philips brand to media and other stakeholders
- Willingness to travel (approximately 10-15% travel required in the position time frame)
To apply for this position, send resume and brief cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, and protected veteran or marital status.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans’ Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.