Communications Specialist, PPG Architectural Coatings U.S. & Canada
The PPG Architectural Coatings U.S. & Canada (PPG AC USCA) Communications Specialist will support the Communications team with development and dissemination of relevant company information to employees, media and other relevant stakeholders.
Under supervision and in close collaboration with the Internal Communications Manager, this position will provide support for the PPG AC USCA communications team with internal and external communications projects and initiatives. The key job responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to:
- Writing, editing and proofreading communications and coordinating appropriate approvals for internal and external dissemination
- Posting approved content to intranet sites
- Coordinating translations of approved English content to Spanish and French
- Researching and developing target media lists
- Tracking, analyzing and presenting data
- Coordinating direct mail initiatives
- Tracking and reporting media coverage and brand scorecards
This person will be expected to deliver professional, responsive and thorough support to all team members in order to meet organizational expectations and requests.
- Completion of junior year of undergraduate studies in communications, journalism, public relations, marketing or related field. Graduates are also welcome to apply.
- Ability to work ~40hrs/week at the PPG architectural coatings office in Cranberry Township, Pa.
- Strong writing, editing and proof-reading skills. Knowledge of Associated Press style.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including phone/email skills.
- Must be proficient in the English language (verbal and written)
- Ability to work independently to accomplish tasks, take proactive steps to improve team progress and success.
- Ability to manage productive relationships within the team and with clients in a professional, collaborative manner.
- Demonstrated competence in managing multiple priorities and projects on tight deadlines while maintaining top quality deliverables.
- Ability to be flexible in a fast-paced environment.
- Previous communications experience in large company or agency.
- Software knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite, including SharePoint.
- Design/video editing skills are a plus.
Contact Gretchen Woodside at email@example.com