UPMC’s Corporate Communications Department is seeking an Internal Communications Specialist II to be responsible for handling a variety of internal communications to our 90,000+ employees. This role will develop and implement communications strategies for internal audiences and maintain the company’s intranet.
- Manage projects of increased complexity, sensitivity, or importance to the organization, or edit major print or digital publication.
- Manage all facets of communications projects for UPMC internal clients, including print, digital, special events, or video. This role will have a particular focus on Information Technology changes.
- Independently plan, research, and write copy that is creative, well organized, concise, stylistically appropriate to the audience, channel, and purpose, and conforming to department style rules.
- Manage web projects of varying levels of complexity and sophistication, collaborating with departmental communications managers, clients across UPMC, and technical teams.
- Ability to keep the user experience top of mind while completing projects.
- Ability to learn different technologies quickly and use that knowledge to propose content solutions.
- Identify and recommend website improvements.
- Ensure that content and design is understandable, accessible, and consistent with UPMC brand standards.
- Contribute to intranet content operations — including information onboarding, regular improvements, and auditing — while ensuring usability, accuracy, accessibility, and discoverability
- Contribute to the team’s overall goal of overseeing the identification, creation, structure, curation, compliance, and sharing of all digital knowledge within the enterprise. This includes general business and clinical information across teams, departments, and systemwide, with the goal of creating a better digital workplace for staff.
- Bachelor’s degree in English, journalism, communications, health sciences, or a related field.
- Three years’ experience in a communications position or related field.
- Must have excellent communication, multitasking, organizational, research/interviewing, writing, grammar, and interpersonal skills.
UPMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran