UPMC Corporate is hiring a Manager, Internal Communications, to join our Public Relations department. This is a hybrid role at U.S. Steel Tower in downtown Pittsburgh and does not involve managing direct reports. UPMC’s Public Relations department serves two critical communications needs: Media Relations, which oversees public-facing communications, and Internal Communications, which facilitates staff-facing communications. The manager position will be a part of the Internal Communications’ team.
The position will serve as a key communications consultant for Corporate Services clients, including UPMC Nursing and UPMC Human Resources — and will support myriad workforce-focused projects that aim to enhance health care delivery for our patients and create a positive experience for our people, who make Life Changing Medicine happen. Much, though not all, of this position’s focus will be on supporting projects directly tied to cultivating a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion; promoting tools to support the physical, financial, and emotional well-being of our employees; building pride in the organization and connection to follow employees, and developing resources for frontline staff. Responsibilities will include strategic planning, writing, editing, client management, project tracking, and more.
This team member will also work closely with other members of the UPMC Internal Communications team to support various communications projects for additional internal clients and, in collaboration with other members of the team, contribute to all aspects of creating our digital news products.
The candidate will have demonstrated writing and editing skills, adept problem-solving ability, keen news judgement and storytelling talent, superb attention to detail, experience in a fast-moving work environment, and a willingness to regularly seek ways to improve and innovate. Experience in a health care setting is beneficial but not required.
- Serve as a communications counselor/consultant to internal UPMC clients and prepare strategies to achieve communication goals.
- Partner with UPMC content experts and project managers to create communications strategies and use a variety of internal channels to inform staff about timely Human Resources and Nursing initiatives, priorities, and opportunities.
- Develop and implement targeted communication strategies to support the clients’ and the organization’s enterprise-wide objectives.
- Work collaboratively with colleagues in UPMC Public Relations and other departments.
- Edit and/or write copy appropriate for the audience and the channel publications, letters, advertisements, audio/visual presentations, speeches, and other communication tactics.
- Independently manage multi-faceted projects with overlapping timeframes, and develop methods to evaluate communications projects based on effectiveness, using the results to iterate future plans.
- Adhere to all department processes as established for editing content, submitting to publications, supporting intranet governance, and other processes as outlined by department leadership.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, English, health sciences or a related field.
- Minimum of Five years’ experience in communications or related field required.
- Project Management experience required.
- Experience providing clients with strategic marketing counsel required.
- Professional communication experiences a plus.
- Experience in an academic medical center, hospital or health care industry is preferred.
- Proven written and verbal communication skills required.
Licensure, Certifications, and Clearances:
UPMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran
Link or email address where applications can be submitted: https://upmcjobs.taleo.net/