Marketing and Communications Specialist, FHLBank Pittsburgh
The Marketing and Communications Specialist supports the Bank’s Marketing and Communications group by assisting with the creation and consistency of Bank messaging.
FHLBank Pittsburgh provides readily available low-cost funding and opportunities for affordable housing and community development to over 300 member financial institutions in Delaware, Pennsylvania and West Virginia. We are a wholesale source of community-building funds for our members. Although relatively small in headcount, we cast a large shadow across our supported region, filling a critical vacuum by providing liquidity for small business, community development, rural and agricultural loans, and home mortgage financing. Because of the size of our workforce, the Bank has a small organization feel. People know each other, work well together and are focused on the collective mission of the Bank. Because of our size – approximately $90 billion in assets – we focus on sophisticated delivery of our products and finances, with departments such as Capital Markets, Credit/Market/Operational Risk, Information Technology, Community Investment, Product Delivery and much more.
Every day, FHLBank Pittsburgh’s employees work creatively with member institutions and other partners to help build thriving communities throughout the three-state region.
Develops and updates multimedia content to support the Bank’s strategic communications and marketing efforts, including Board presentations, member and stakeholder presentations and webinars, member pitch books, videos, website, social media, case studies, brochures and other items as needed.
- Helps ensure that Bank messaging communicated across multiple channels is consistent and adapted appropriately to each medium. Manages the Bank’s library of informational content, including monitoring where, when and how content is being used.
- Works with Senior Graphic Designer to ensure that Bank website content is relevant and up-to-date. Assists with establishing, reviewing and interpreting analytics data monitoring multimedia activity. Provides back-up support for intranet content and posting, email creation and website content updates.
- Works with Communications Project Manager and other departments to ensure that consistent and relevant messaging is used in event communications and materials.
- Collaborates with Bank colleagues to find optimal ways to share Bank stories and information with relevant audiences.
- Serves as a reliable teammate in all department activities, including staff meetings, brainstorming sessions and other duties as assigned.
- Ensures compliance with applicable policies, procedures and regulations to ensure safe and sound business operations.
Required Education and Work Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, public relations or related field
- Five or more years experience with business-to-business marketing/communications in the financial services industry
- Exceptional writing and communication skills in a variety of styles and mediums; exceptional oral communication and organizational skills
- Extensive knowledge of, and proven track record of success with, electronic communication channels and software, including PowerPoint, Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn. Experience with HTML or design software, such as Dreamweaver and InDesign, a plus. Experience with Tableau reporting software a plus.
- Ability to be flexible and interact with all levels of management, customers, staff, vendors and business associates
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and to work under pressure with tight deadlines and/or changing circumstances