akhia communications, headquartered in Hudson, Ohio, is currently seeking a Remote Media Relations Specialist to join our team. The individual who fills this role will have an opportunity to support national and trade media relations efforts for well-known consumer and B2B brands.
- Support national and trade media relations efforts for consumer and B2B brands
- Develop creative media pitches and story angles to generate editorial coverage that is on strategy and in line with clients’ business and communications goals
- Develop, execute and maintain strategic communications plans, project work plans, schedules and budgets
- Measure and report campaign and project successes
- Contribute to creative brief development while ensuring the brief is on brand and on message for campaign/creative development
- Meet with clients (virtually) regularly to set and manage expectations
- Highly organized & detailed, with ability to manage numerous tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrates account management skills – proactive, driven, and forward-thinking
- Ability to communicate effectively across all levels, internally and externally
- 3-5 years of relevant experience in national consumer and/or B2B media relations, strategic planning and strong writing capabilities
- Media relations experience is a must
- Degree in Journalism or Public Relations preferred
- Familiarity with Cision and Critical Mention is a plus
akhia is focused on providing communications solutions to business challenges. Our roster of leading B2B and B2C companies rely on us for a range of services, including public relations, internal communications, digital channel strategy, visual communications and content strategy and creation.
We believe firmly that the talent and passion from our people make all the difference. At akhia, we: counsel our clients, support each other, work hard and find balance, believe in ourselves and hold ourselves accountable in all we do.
akhia is the recipient of seven Top Workplace awards, and has received Weatherhead 100 awards, the Smart Culture award, and the Best Employers in Ohio award.