The PPG Packaging Coatings marketing communications intern will support the marketing communications team with development and dissemination of relevant stakeholder messaging for external and internal audiences.
Under supervision and in close collaboration with the marketing communications manager, this position will provide support for Packaging Coatings-related communications activities with internal and external projects and initiatives, as well as community relations.
The key job responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to:
• Writing, editing and proofreading communications and coordinating appropriate approvals for internal and external dissemination
• Contributing content to the new Packaging Coatings website, launching in 2021
• Working with marketing communication manager to positioning PPG as the authoritative voice on packaging coatings, innovative solutions and sustainability via ongoing, innovative earned media/PR activities.
• Mining for stories and contributing approved content to corporate communications channels, including PPG Today and PPG Global.
• Organizing, managing, and promoting content on the global Digital Asset Management platform
• Developing product sample kits and distribution channels
• Implementing use of measurement and metrics to deliver value and ensure positive business impact.
• Preparing executive talking points, as needed.
• Supporting community relations grant funding solicitation and approval process
• Tracking, analyzing and presenting data
This person will be expected to deliver professional, responsive and thorough support to team members in order to meet organizational expectations and requests.
• Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, public relations, marketing or related field. Two+ years’ experience preferred.
• Ability to work ~40hrs/week with at least 3 days a week at the general office in downtown Pittsburgh
• Strong writing, editing and proof-reading skills.
• Knowledge of Associated Press style.
• Strong interpersonal skills, including phone/email skills.
• Must be proficient in the English language (verbal and written).
• Ability to work independently to accomplish tasks, take proactive steps to improve team progress and success.
• Manage productive relationships within the team and with clients in a professional, collaborative manner.
• Demonstrate competence in managing multiple priorities and projects on tight deadlines while maintaining top quality deliverables.
• Ability to be flexible in a fast-paced environment.
• Previous communications experience in large company or agency.
• Software knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite, including SharePoint.
• Design/video editing skills are a plus.
Interested candidates should send resume to PackagingCoatings@ppg.com with the subject line: “Intern Applicant – (INSERT YOUR NAME)”