Kerry Ford Communications is a high-energy boutique PR agency that specializes in consumer communications for Fortune 500 companies. We’re seeking a full-time, entry-level Account Executive to perform PR tasks for our rapidly expanding client roster. The position is an excellent opportunity for a young professional to gain abundant big brand experience.
This PR generalist will have the opportunity to brainstorm and execute creative go-to-market ideas and build PR acumen through a wide-range of tactical support, including social media, special events, influencer engagement and crisis management.
The ideal candidate will have outstanding writing and media relations skills, including the proven ability to identify story opportunities, develop pitches and secure earned media placements.
When not meeting with clients or activating programs, team members work from home. Therefore, candidates should be self-starters with a strong ability to take ownership of projects and produce results. Strong organizational skills and a passion for flawless work product are critical.
Key responsibilities include:
- Manage media relations for multiple clients—research opportunities, create pitches, conduct outreach, cultivate relationships with working media, and staff shoots/interviews.
- Write client communications including news releases, media alerts, fact sheets, speeches, Q&A and internal documents.
- Leverage online tools to develop and maintain media databases.
- Develop editorial calendars and create social content to support clients’ sales and communications objectives. Tasks to include writing copy, shooting stills and video, and editing content for multiple platforms.
- Perform social media listening and audience management.
- Execute earned and paid influencer programs, including sourcing, contracting, measurement and reporting.
- Cultivate strong relationships with clients through face-to-face meetings, virtual conferences, special events and telephone conversations.
- Build a broad network of community contacts and resources for client partnerships.
- Support events and special initiatives, working with vendors to ensure high standards of content, environment and logistics.
- Leverage measurement tools to track coverage results and other KPIs. Produce regular client reports of ROI.
- Maintain project budgets and complete expense reports and time sheets.
- Bachelor’s Degree (English, Communications or Journalism major preferred).
- One or more professional internship experiences, preferably with a PR agency.
- Collaborative mindset, strong work-ethic, great interpersonal skills and desire for continual learning.
- Strong editing and writing skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment, managing multiple projects at a time.
- Keen adeptness with social media platforms and tools.
- Proficiency in Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Cision, Sprinklr and AP Style.
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail.
Although this position will perform office functions remotely, it is imperative that the Account Executive can attend frequent meetings in the greater tri-state area. DMAs include Pittsburgh, Johnstown/Altoona, Erie, Wheeling/Steubenville, Clarksburg/Weston, and Cleveland/Akron.
If this opportunity sounds like a fit, please email your cover letter, resume and three outstanding writing samples to Kerry@KerryFordPR.com. Please no telephone calls. We will respond to every applicant.