Public Relations Account Associate, Bolt Public Relations
Bolt Public Relations (www.boltpr.com), an award-winning, independently owned public relations, marketing communications, events and digital marketing agency, is looking for an experienced PR account associate to join our Pittsburgh team! This is an opportunity for a highly organized and results-driven professional to grow in a fast-paced environment. Bolt clients span a wide variety of industries, including technology, education, nonprofit, health and fitness, beauty, and restaurant and hospitality.
This is a public relations position with primary functions that include media relations, writing, community relations, and event publicity and coordination.
- Minimum of two years of public relations experience, preferably in an agency environment
- Outgoing and driven to build relationships with media, consumers, businesses and community groups
- Proven track record of securing impactful press coverage
- Creativity and initiative in brainstorming new ideas, developing plans and problem solving
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
Essential responsibilities include:
- Proactive outreach to media contacts, including bloggers and influencers, to regularly secure press placements on behalf of clients
- Copywriting and collateral development, including press releases, media advisories, newsletters, articles, press kits, case studies and more
- Plan, coordinate and execute media events, grassroots marketing and cross-promotional opportunities
- Local market research, such as news and event monitoring, community group and business contact list research, and media and influencer list development
Expectations of position:
- A commitment to exceeding expectations
- A high sense of urgency at all times
- Ability to multitask and work in a very fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Reliability and regular, on-time attendance
- Ability to excel in both individual and team environments, and willingness to be a team player
- Positive representation of the agency and its clients at all times
Bolt PR offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience, as well as a comprehensive benefits package including paid vacation time, medical insurance and a 401K plan.
Think you have what it takes? We would love to hear from you! To be considered for this position, please send your cover letter and resume to careerPA@boltpr.com.