NFM + Dymun has an immediate opportunity for a Public Relations Account Executive for our relationship-driven, service-first agency located in Downtown Pittsburgh. The ideal candidate is someone with agency experience who has an entrepreneurial spirit and a true passion for relationship building. To join our team, you must be self-motivated, team minded and have a good understanding of the strategic process for full-service campaign development. This person will develop and execute PR strategies for an assigned client base and help manage the coordination of resources needed to implement those strategies. The selected candidate will also be expected to explore potential revenue-driving opportunities within the existing agency account base, as well being an active participant in pitches for new business opportunities as needed.
The PR Account Executive will work primarily from our offices located in Downtown Pittsburgh, collaborating with our Account, Digital and Creative Service teams. Teleworking and some travel is to be expected.
Compensation and Perks
- Salary is commensurate on experience
- Bonus(es) at management discretion
- Excellent health, dental and vision insurance
- Retirement package opportunities upon qualification
- Paid vacation and holidays
- Company provided laptop
- Reimbursement for travel related expenses
- Data stipend for phone usage
- Parking stipend available
- You must be passionate about your work and demonstrate an ability to contribute to concurrent campaigns of varying size and complexity.
- You have excellent communication skills, and are comfortable communicating in person, via phone, email or text.
- You’re flexible when presented with challenges.
- You thrive in a deadline-driven environment and can demonstrate the poise, professionalism and confidence required to move projects forward respectfully.
- You are a positive, solutions-oriented individual.
- Planning and executing highly successful PR campaigns.
- Managing day-to-day internal and external communications on behalf of clients.
- Drafting, editing and reviewing press materials.
- Writing content and trafficking client print publications (magazines, newsletters).
- Screening and responding to inquiries from press, clients, new business and external organizations.
- Developing and maintaining relationships with influential media to secure and grow coverage.
- Issuing press releases and pitching to reporters; locally, regionally and nationally as appropriate.
- Conducting one-on-one client engagement regularly.
- Conducting meetings with clients and new business.
- Support Account Managers and Director in clients’ marketing and advertising needs, and overall continued growth of the business.
- Interact with clients at a senior level on a day-to-day basis, and act as agency liaison.
- 4-7 years of recent PR agency, healthcare experience conducting media relations. Experience in retail and
healthcare a plus.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and identify opportunities for clients.
- Excellent knowledge of the media landscape.
- Ability to communicate clearly and transfer complex information in a concise and clear form.
- Ability to prioritize and plan effectively.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Good interpersonal/soft skills.
- Proven history of planning and strategizing.
- Knowledge of healthcare/medical field preferred.
- Experience with magazine format publications preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, public relations or equivalent job-related experience.
How to Apply
Please send your resume, cover letter, and a link to a portfolio or writing samples, to Wendy Maletta at email@example.com. Position is available for immediate hiring.
About the Agency
NFM + Dymun creates unforgettable, branded experiences through the strong foundations that we build with our clients, vendors and consumers. From launching a new brand or product to negotiating celebrity contracts, we’re here to forge and nurture relationships.
Our team of full-service marketing professionals consists of project managers, event and media experts, writers and designers who are passionate about personal performance but driven by client success.
NFM + Dymun is an equal-opportunity employer.