Job Description Summary:
About 84 Lumber
84 Lumber, the nation’s leading privately held building materials supplier, is seeking a Public Relations Assistant to help develop and optimize media materials, editorial calendars, PR events and more.
The candidate will have a passion for the PR industry as well as demonstrated success and interest in the B2B space. The candidate must be creative, proactive, highly organized, deadline-driven and results-oriented. Reporting to the Public Relations Manager, the primary focus of this role will be to assist with public relations efforts for 84 Lumber.
What we expect from you
The successful candidate will be a key member of the 84 Lumber marketing team, responsible for:
- Assisting with the development and distribution of PR materials including press releases, media pitches, website content, blog posts and more.
- Assisting with the organization and execution of various media and PR events.
- Managing PR materials, including media lists, editorial calendars, press releases, etc.
- Drafting key message points, email interview responses and responses to various media requests.
- Tracking and reporting on media coverage and metrics.
- Developing and maintaining positive relationships with trade, local and national reporters.
- Supporting 84 Lumber‘s influencer program by coordinating projects and contracts, communicating with influencers, tracking results.
- Taking part in brainstorming sessions and suggesting innovative new ideas.
- Creating strategy and monthly content for web presence and blog posts.
- Maintaining AP style guides and branding efforts.
- Staying up to date on trends and digital algorithms; keeping the team informed as trends and algorithms change.
- Working effectively with third party digital and public relations agencies, key stakeholders, and other marketing team members.
- Assisting the 84 Lumber social media team to create content, brainstorm ideas, monitor and post to social channels.
- Must have excellent writing, editing and communication skills, knowledge of AP style.
- Experience working in media management systems such as Cision and Meltwater.
- Experience with social media platforms.
- Must have a proven interest, passion and excitement in public relations, communications and B2B marketing.
Expert in PowerPoint & Excel.
- Good organizational and time-management skills.
- Attention to detail.
For more information and to apply, visit the 84 Lumber career website.