Brunner is an integrated marketing agency with a fast-paced, creative environment. We value Heart, Collaboration, and Attitude in every aspect of our business, especially our team members. We are looking for an energetic, roll-up-your-sleeves kind of person with experience in public relations. In this client-facing position, you will be expected to help develop public relations strategies and lead execution, specifically media outreach to achieve client objectives.
- Assist in the development of PR strategies through components such as market research, key message frameworks, PR infrastructure materials and content recommendations
- Develop, create and deliver compelling content that requires little-to-no editing prior to publication. This can include but is not limited to press releases, social media content, blog posts and website copy
- Provide onsite support for client events including trade shows and workshops
- Build and maintain relationships with key members of the media and industry influencers
- Develop media kits and execute media relations to applicable outlets
- Ability to create PR ideas and activations that extend the brand presence online and offline
- Stay on top of performance and applicable trends to proactively identify and pitch media opportunities, content recommendations and storytelling ideas to clients
- Develop and manage influencer programs including, but not limited to researching, identifying and negotiating talent
- Build collaborative relationships with other departments within the agency to identify on-going opportunities to conduct outreach on behalf of Brunner
- Author original content on behalf of Brunner to be published externally through secured bylines
- Stay on top of PR, social media, influencer and content trends to influence internal and external understanding of opportunities
- Maintain accountability for individual utilization and account billability rates. Manage personal hours, budgets and timelines appropriately
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
- Existing media and influencer relationships
- Experience with Cision, Netbase, WordPress and/or Sprout Social is preferred
- Experience with applying SEO best practices is preferred
- Detailed eye for style, inconsistencies, and continuity
- Excellent spelling and grammar proofing abilities
- Manage multiple projects in a deadline-driven environment
- Proficient in MAC-Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Facebook Power Editor and Outlook
- Video/Photography/Editing skills a plus
- Minimum of 5 years of public relations experience is a must
- Bachelor’s Degree from a four-year college or university preferred.
We offer your full traditional benefits including health, dental, vision, and life insurance. We also offer commuter and transit benefits, as well as flex funds for you to enjoy your life outside of work. Add to that unlimited PTO, half day summer Fridays and all the holiday time off you would expect. Oh yeah, and weekly happy hours of course.
Normal office environment. Ability to sit for extended periods of time including extensive use of PC equipment.
We like everyone, so we are an equal opportunity employer. We do not consider your race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, age, sex, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or veteran status when deciding to hire you. We just want you to be you.
To apply, visit the job listing on Brunner’s website.