What’s your superpower?
- Exceptional ability to recall details?
- Superior time-management skills?
- Critical thinking?
- Outgoing and confident?
- Dedication to the mission?
The Business Development team of Wexford Health Sources looks forward to the opportunity to meet with you at our Corporate Office.
Located in Green Tree, Wexford Health Sources, one of the nation’s leading correctional health care companies, provides clients with experienced management and technologically advanced services, combined with programs that control costs while ensuring quality. For three decades, Wexford Health has consistently delivered proven staffing expertise and a full range of medical, behavioral health, pharmacy, utilization management, provider contracting, claims processing, and quality management services.
At Wexford Health, our philosophy is that health care should not be considered a luxury for anyone. We simply care for those in need and the corrections environment is our venue.
We’re proud to offer a competitive benefits package including:
- Annual review with performance increase
- Generous paid-time off program that combines vacation and sick leave
- Eight paid holidays
- Comprehensive health insurance through Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Dental and Vision insurance
- 401(k) retirement saving plans
- Company-paid short-term disability
- Healthcare and dependent care spending account
Under the general guidance of the VP of Marketing, Strategic Communication & Proposal Development, the Sr. Proposal Development and Market Analysis Specialist will ensure the efficiency, quality, consistency, and timeliness of all Wexford Health proposals and related marketing materials (both paper and electronic).
- Responsible for coordinating and reporting on the development of winning responses to solicitations and other business opportunities; and the gathering, analysis, and reporting of market and competitive intelligence.
- Function as part of the team that analyzes potential business opportunities and makes pursue/do not pursue recommendations to senior management.
- Review, analyze, and summarize the contents of large, complex solicitation documents, contracts, and reports.
- Acquire and maintain a working knowledge of all business opportunities and proposals being worked on, in order to better support the proposal project team, as well as to provide updates and respond to inquiries from senior management.
- Collaborate closely with Wexford Health Business Development staff to achieve an acute understanding of the prospective customer’s needs.
- Effectively manage relationships with internal and external subject matter experts, to enable full understanding and accurate articulation of their proposed solutions.
- Define, schedule, and manage the proposal development process.
- Lead meetings that involve participants ranging from administrative staff to company executives.
- Research, formulate, write, edit, format, and produce large, complex, strategic proposals (and all associated documents), ensuring they are accurate, well-written, and persuasive.
- Support the proposal process end-to-end, ensuring all internal and external expectations, actions, and timelines are understood and met.
- Continuously improve the proposal process through the identification, creation, and application of best practices.
- Obtain, review, analyze, and report on solicitation process results, including development of a strategy to proactively address any shortcomings identified in our proposals.
- Perform the above functions for multiple proposals at a time, including proposals being written by other Department members.
- Provide the VP of Marketing with regular reports that outline the current status of the company’s proposals; highlight any significant changes or areas of concern; and recommend actions for positively impacting the proposal development process.
- Gather, analyze, and report information on targeted markets, competitors, and products to help Wexford Health make better strategic decisions; improve performance; develop new products; and counter potential threats to its business.
- Use the acquired information to support the development of innovative solutions for complex problems and to provide actionable recommendations.
- Identify and monitor changes in market conditions that may affect Wexford Health’s book of business.
- Identify and monitor sources of competitive intelligence (competitors’ market share, sales, strategies, performance, financial stability, management team, customer base, etc.) including but not limited to competitors’ websites, the Internet, trade shows, business journals, independent industry research, and published research reports.
- Provide the VP of Marketing with regular reports that outline the current status of the company’s targeted industries; highlight any significant changes or drivers; and analyze what impact the data holds for Wexford Health.
- Serve as a resource and mentor to other team members and senior management.
- Participates in any and all other Marketing and Business Development department activities as requested.
*In addition to the primary duties listed above, the incumbent will also be responsible for the following functions, as necessary.*
- Create and edit various other written documents, including but not limited to white papers, feature media articles, press releases, award nominations, etc.
- Help to maintain the Wexford Health website and in the development of the Wexford Health intranet
- Attend industry trade shows and conferences across the country
- Perform other tasks as assigned by more senior staff members
The duties and responsibilities outlined herein are for payroll purposes only; employees may be assigned other duties as required.
ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS: Standard office environment in a Corporate office setting which includes daily interfacing with Administration, Finance and health care personnel.
TRAVEL: Estimated 2 to 3 trips per year, 3 to 4 days at a time.
LICENSING: None required.
CERTIFICATION: None required.
EDUCATION: Advanced degree in business administration, communications, English, or a related field; or commensurate experience.
- 5-10 years’ experience in a senior/lead or project management position.
- Previous experience in a supervisory role is preferred.
- Must have solid communication, multitasking, organizational, time management, research/ interviewing, writing, grammar, and interpersonal skills.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office and Adobe Acrobat.
- Competency with other Adobe software is preferred.
- Experience in health care, managed care, and/or government contracting is preferred.
- Ability to meet deadlines while working under pressure as part of a cohesive team.