Reporting to the Director of Social Media, this role will support numerous “beats” from the team’s scope of work across Highmark Inc., Highmark Wholecare, Highmark Health and the Allegheny Health Network. This senior-level role strategizes with the team and business partners to create comprehensive, cross-platform, high-quality social-media communications for our customers across various businesses.
You’ll lead numerous aspects of social media for your focus areas, up to and including but not limited to: content strategy, calendaring, post writing and creation, scheduling/publishing, community monitoring, and reporting/analytics. You’ll proactively and collaboratively partner with stakeholders across the enterprise, including marketing and compliance, to align strategies, find synergies, and drive success for the business.
Beats will initially be heavily focused on the insurance (Highmark Blue Cross Blue Shield) side of things, particularly around Federal markets (like Medicare and Medicare Advantage, Medicaid and potentially ACA and CHIP). The exact assignments will vary based on the successful applicant’s background, skillset and interests.
In addition to a demonstrated acumen of corporate social media experience, the ideal candidate is a process-driven self-starter with the ability to learn quickly and navigate complex programs. The candidate must possess a strategic mindset, excellent organization and project management skills, and strong proactivity and attention to detail. Preference will be given for candidates with a health care or health insurance background or those with social media experience in a regulated settings.
This role is a HYBRID role, with 3 days on site (at any of our facilities across PA, WV, NY or DE) and the other 2 at home
- Strategizes social-media marketing plans and activities for Highmark health services — including content strategy, SEO, advertising, and “voice” on different social platforms — to meet business objectives and customer needs. Applies market-research, social-listening, and health-plan member insights to develop and execute customer-centric content strategy. Develops innovative approaches to drive social engagement, brand affinity and customer loyalty, especially in a health-reform marketplace.
- Advises and collaborates with a wide range of internal and external clients, including program managers, subject matter experts, digital/marketing specialists, and community partners, on social-media marketing. Meets regularly with clients and other stakeholders to understand business objectives, develop targeted social campaigns or content, and report on tactics and outcomes. Markets social media platforms and capabilities internally and externally. Represents social media team at workshops, conferences, and other sessions.
- Serves as lead or editor of a social channel, managing daily content and interactions, while also contributing ideas and content across other social platforms. Conceptualizes, researches, drafts, circulates for review, and/or publishes daily social content. Sources and selects photos, videos, and other multimedia for social. Launches and tracks social campaigns and promotions. Ensures that all content adheres to business objectives, SEO principles, voice guidelines and brand standards.
- Manages social listening as well as conversations with customers and other stakeholders in social channels. Responds to and tracks inquiries, including after business hours as needed, and collaborates with customer-service teams and other internal teams to address them. Participates in online communities and also networks with peers, partners, thought leaders, and influencers on social.
- Evolves Highmark’s social platform, helping to prioritize and launch new channels, including submitting proposals to social governance committee, collaborating with digital and IT teams, and developing launch plans and best practices or instructional documentation.
- Benchmarks peers, competitors, and other high performers on social. Researches and reports on emerging social platforms and technologies as well as social, digital, and healthcare trends. Measures social activities, analyzes metrics and develops monthly reports for clients, peers and management.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5 years in Social media
- 5 years of Writing and Editing
- 5 years Marketing
- Master’s degree
- Digital or other advertising agency experience
- Health care industry experience
- Retail marketing experience
- Blogging experience
- Graphic design experience
- HTML experience HootSuite Enterprise, ShortStack, WordPress, and/or PhotoShop experience
- Knowledge of social media platforms and digital marketing
- Strategic-, creative- and critical-thinking skills
- Research, interviewing, writing, editing and proofreading skills
- Organizational and project management skills
- Interpersonal, communication and client -management skills
- Resourceful and detail oriented
- Customer and client focused
- Ability to multitask, prioritize and work under pressure in fast-paced environment
- Ability to work independently but with strong process and team orientation
- Ability to problem-solve and deal with urgent communication issues
Language (Other than English):
0% – 25%
PHYSICAL, MENTAL DEMANDS and WORKING CONDITIONS
- Teaches / trains others regularly: Occasionally
- Travel regularly from the office to various work sites or from site-to-site: Rarely
- Works primarily out-of-the office selling products/services (sales employees): Never
- Physical work site required: Yes
- Lifting: up to 10 pounds: Constantly
- Lifting: 10 to 25 pounds: Occasionally
- Lifting: 25 to 50 pounds: Rarely