Social Media Specialist, Bucknell University
Bucknell University is seeking a creative Social Media Specialist with at least three years’ experience managing a brand identity in the social space, including paid social campaigns.
A member of Bucknell’s University Division of Communications, the Social Media Specialist will collaborate with a talented team of content developers, and serve as an expert and resource for other campus social media managers. In addition to creating engaging multimedia content, including photography and video, the person in this role will share content created by the broader team using the University’s brand voice to further brand goals.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in marketing, communications or journalism
- Three years’ experience working in the social media marketing field, including a record of content creation and an interest in emerging technology
- Proven knowledge of marketing principles and social media strategy implementation
- Deep understanding of a wide array of social media channels including but not limited to Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat and YouTube, as well as emerging social tools and networks
- Outstanding written communication skills
- Strong critical thinking and interpersonal skills
- Interest in working in a team-based, collaborative environment
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects and deadlines
- Excellent computer skills including web-based research; digital image manipulation using tools such as Canva and Photoshop; video manipulation using tools such as Adobe Premiere and Final Cut X
- High level of proficiency working with popular social media platforms and apps such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Flickr, YouTube, WordPress, etc.
- Strong understanding of user-generated content management, content marketing and reputation management
- Customer-service orientation
- Experience developing and engaging social influencers
- Working knowledge of social media paid advertising campaign capabilities including Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and Twitter
About Bucknell University
Bucknell University provides equal opportunity without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, religion, national or ethnic origin, marital status, veteran status or disability in admissions, employment and in all of its educational programs and activities.
Bucknell University is a private, highly selective, unique national University where liberal arts and strong professional programs in engineering, business, education and music complement each other. We seek candidates who are committed to Bucknell’s efforts to create a climate that fosters the growth and development of a diverse student body, and we welcome applications from members of groups that have been historically underrepresented in higher education. Bucknell University is a private, highly selective, unique national University where liberal arts and strong professional programs in engineering, management, education and music complement each other. Bucknell is a NCAA Division I (FCS) and Patriot League member institution that sponsors 27 varsity athletics programs.
Located in Central Pennsylvania along the Susquehanna River, Bucknell is nestled in the Borough of Lewisburg, an architectural gem that has been ranked as one of America’s best small towns. The Lewisburg area offers a unique combination of outdoor recreation opportunities, and appealing amenities such as art galleries, an art deco theater, historic museums, and charming independent boutiques and restaurants. In addition to the many cultural and athletic events offered by the University and the Borough, the surrounding region offers outstanding schools, medical facilities, and an affordable cost of living. For those who crave the city, Bucknell is within an easy three-hour drive to Philadelphia, New York, Baltimore, and Washington, D.C.
Learn more about Bucknell and what we have to offer! www.bucknell.edu/hr