The incumbent is responsible for providing technical leadership to the Public Relations Department. This includes creating comprehensive design solutions that address business, brand, and user requirements for the organization.
- Designs, builds and/or maintains website(s) using organization or scripting languages, content creation tools, management tools, and digital media.
- Maintains design standards and ensures the organization’s visual brand is translated to the digital properties including writing, designing, and/or editing.
- Provides creative input to current website(s) to enhance the user experience.
- Works with graphics, storyboards, wireframes, and animation technologies to improve upon relevant online applications.
- Provides routine management and updates to the organization’s website(s) including content and graphics.
- Confers with management or development teams to prioritize needs, resolve conflicts, develop content criteria, and/or propose solutions.
- Manages multiple projects and time-sensitive deadlines.
- Identifies problems uncovered by testing or through management/employee feedback and either corrects problem or refers problem to appropriate personnel.
- Evaluates code to ensure that it is valid, properly structured, meets industry standards, and is compatible with browsers, devices, or operating systems.
- Researches and stays abreast of emerging technologies for current and potential projects.
- Ensures backup of files from website(s) to local directories for instant recovery in case of issues including failure or compromise.
Minimum education and experience required for consideration:
- Associate’s Degree in Web Design / Development, Interactive Media, Computer Science, Information Science, Information Technology, or a related course of study.
- Three (3) years of experience as a Web Administrator / Designer or closely related experience
Send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.