Young Adult Engagement Director, Temple Sinai
Reports To: Executive Director
Job Category: Full Time, Salaried, Exempt
Work Hours: Varied, Depending Upon the Temple Sinai Calendar
Working with the Executive Director and Executive Committee, assist in creating and implementing the mission, values and strategies that will brand an imaginative and creative outreach effort to build an alternative community of long lasting relationships with primarily younger (ages 22-45) and/or alternative life style unaffiliated Jews (and their partners). Aggressively utilize social media for marketing communications. Research, create and implement relational activities and programs to attract the target audience to social network, education, parenting, social action and other engagement activities. Liaison with Clergy to provide ritual opportunities. Be very visible in the community. Assist the Executive Director as needed in event planning and staffing.
- Consistent with the Temple Sinai mission and values, research and assist in writing the mission statement and action plan for a Young Adult Temple Sinai community primarily focusing on younger (ages 22-45) and alternative life style Jews, their partners and families.
- Establish marketing strategies, including communication options, graphics and styles to create a ‘brand’ for the Young Adult community.
- Manage an aggressive social media strategy in support of the Young Adult community brand.
- Create and staff relational networking programs that support the needs and interests of the target community. Programs could be diverse, inclusive, educational, engaging, involve social action or be purely for social networking.
- Create a data base of contacts for networking and marketing purposes. Data base should reside in and integrate with greater Temple Sinai member data base.
- Be cutting edge with regard to experimenting with new and different programs.
- Be visible and active, taking leadership roles within the Pittsburgh Jewish community that is consistent with Young Adult communities relationships.
- Network with other synagogues and Jewish nonprofits to keep current and learn about other outreach strategy experiments.
- Work in conjunction with the Temple Sinai staff to bridge alternative community information into select and appropriate greater Temple Sinai programs.
- As a Staff member, attend Board of Trustee meetings as requested.
- Submit monthly written reports to the Board of Trustees as requested.
- Attends and actively participate in weekly staff meetings
- Contributes to a work environment that encourages knowledge of, respect for, and development of skills to engage with those of other cultures and/or backgrounds.
- Able to work additional evenings and weekends as appropriate.
- Assist the Executive Director with event planning and staffing.
- Other duties as assigned by Executive Director
Qualifications and Skills:
- Strong commitment to providing an extraordinary hospitality experience to members and prospective members and modeling the same for the rest of the staff.
- Extraordinary magnetic personality.
- Demonstrated creativity and imagination in both personal and work environments.
- Three years of work experience in community organizing and or intentional networking.
- Strong knowledge of Jewish traditions and practices.
- Knowledge of and passion for Jewish community issues and organizations.
- Strong interpersonal skills and a proven track record of working well with others.
- Superior communication and writing skills.
- Superior and proven knowledge of and experience in using social media.
- Excellent organizational abilities and strong project planning skills.
- Demonstrated problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Demonstrated success and effectiveness in participatory team projects.
- Ability to set priorities, work independently, follow through on programs and projects, and adapt to changing situations.
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Office applications including Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, etc.
- Familiarly with or ability to learn database applications and operations.