This is a PRSA Webinar, free for PRSA Pittsburgh members.
That’s the average ROI on email marketing, according to the Direct Marketing Association. And that, says Inc., is a better return than for any other marketing channel.
But that return is an opportunity — not a promise. And taking advantage of that opportunity isn’t easy. Email has some built-in problems that make it easy to annoy, rather than convert, subscribers:
- American professionals receive an average of 121 emails a day. (Radicati)
- Of those, an average of 276 emails remain unread in inboxes at any given time. That’s a 300% increase in unread emails in just four years. (Nielsen Norman Group)
- If your they do open your message, people spend an average of just 11.1 seconds on each email they review. (Litmus) That’s enough time to read about 37 words.
- People read some 54% of emails on mobile devices. (Litmus) That’s an issue, because mobile reading reduces everything from comprehension to clicks.
In this environment, how do we get the word out via email? In this webinar, you will learn how to:
- Get opened. Learn best practices for the three e-mail elements that users use to decide whether to open your message — or delete it without clicking.
- Get read. Avoid the No. 1 reason readers unsubscribe. (Lyris)
- Get clicked. Walk away with 7 steps for writing links that increase clicks.
- Get shared. Email remains the No. 1 sharing channel. (Chadwick, Martin, Bailey) Learn to write messages that go viral.
Ann Wylie, president, Wylie Communications
Participants with the APR credential earn 1.0 APR Maintenance Credit for a webinar. Learn more about Accreditation maintenance.