The 2024 Renaissance Awards are officially over, and we had an unforgettable evening celebrating the many successes of organizations and individuals. Over 200 attendees gathered together to honor local organizations, agencies, businesses, and communicators in Pittsburgh for their innovative work across all aspects of public relations and marketing communications. Josh Taylor, Sports Anchor/Reporter of KDKA-TV, emceed the annual ceremony.
More than 70 different communication campaigns and tactics created in 2023 from some of the most recognizable brands such as Duquesne Light Company, Allegheny Health Network, Gatesman, and Highmark Health were honored at this year’s awards ceremony. The PR Council of Alabama judged all of the entries this year.
Additionally, 13 different organizations, such as Pipitone, Havas Red, BAM Advertising & Marketing, and BCW, graciously sponsored the event. The ceremony was sponsored by PRophet, Gatesman, and UPMC Health Plan.
Each year, an aspiring PR student receives the Bob O’Gara Student Scholarship, which was created by Mr. O’Gara himself as an influential member of PRSA Pittsburgh. This year’s scholarship was awarded to Sara Minghini, a third-year student at Seton Hill University.
BCW took home Best in Show for their campaign on the Women’s Center and Shelter of Greater Pittsburgh. A complete list of winners can be viewed here, but here are the individual winners:
- Renaissance Hall of Fame — Frank Schiffman, Westlake Water Solutions
- Renaissance Entrepreneur of the Year — Jeff Krakoff, Krakoff Communications
- Communicator of the Year — Beth Thompson, Gatesman, Inc.
- Renaissance Rising Star — Gianna DiPaolo, Oyster Creative Co.
- Renaissance PR Disruption Award — The Center for Organ Recovery & Education
- PRSSA Chapter of the Year — Duquesne University
- Bob O’Gara Student Scholarship — Sara Minghini, Seton Hill University
The ceremony would not have been possible without the extensive planning and preparation from our Renaissance Awards Co-Chairs: Alyson Huth and Caitlin Jefferson. We are looking forward to all the amazing PR tactics and campaigns this year will bring as we start prepping for next year’s ceremony.