Renaissance Awards 2023: A Night of Celebration and Success
by Caitlin Jefferson, 2024 Renaissance Awards Co-Chair
The 2023 Renaissance Awards are officially over, and we had such an enjoyable evening of fun, laughter, and celebration. We came together to honor local organizations, agencies, businesses, and communicators in Pittsburgh for their innovative work across all aspects of public relations and marketing communications. Chris Mueller, co-host of The PM Team with Poni & Mueller on 93.7 The Fan, emceed the annual ceremony.
More than 40 different communication campaigns and tactics created in 2022 from some of the most recognizable brands such as Duquesne Light Company, Allegheny Health Network, PPG, and Highmark were honored at this year’s awards ceremony.
In addition to celebrating creative work, PRSA Pittsburgh awarded its annual Black Excellence Award, sponsored by Red Havas. The $2,000 scholarship, given this year to Vicie Simpson, honors one Black young professional working in the region’s communications field.
Oyster Creative Co. sponsored the Bob O’Gara Student Scholarship, which was awarded to Duquesne junior Morgan Emery. BCW sponsored the awards ceremony, while Duquesne Light was the Champions Sponsor of the event.
Duquesne Light Holdings took home Best in Show for their Global Clean Energy Action campaign. A complete list of winners is also on this site, but here are the individual winners:
- Renaissance Hall of Fame — Hollie Geitner, Duquesne Light Company
- Communicator of the Year — Brittney Coburn, The Motherhood
- Renaissance Rising Star — Megan Clista, Oyster Creative Co.
- Black Excellence Award — Vicie Simpson, Brunner
- Renaissance PR Team of the Year — The Motherhood
- PRSSA Chapter of the Year — Point Park University
- PRSA Member of the Year — Josh Porterfield, RIZZO International
- Bob O’Gara Student Scholarship — Morgan Emery, Duquesne University
The ceremony would not have been possible without the extensive planning and preparation from our Renaissance Awards Co-Chairs: Lauren Suchy and Kaidia Pickels. We are looking forward to all the amazing PR tactics and campaigns this year will bring as we start prepping for next year’s ceremony.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!