Corporate Communications and Engagement Specialist, Vincentian Collaborative System
The Corporate Communications and Engagement Specialist is a new position in the Vincentian corporate office dedicated to the curation, development, and dissemination of corporate communications throughout the organization. This transformative position will be responsible for elevating communications to internal audiences, creating and implementing cutting-edge digital channels, overhauling traditional communications and marketing materials, and increasing employee and resident/family engagement across the organization. Innovative storytelling, empathic, writing tone, and concise, creative delivery of complex information to a variety of audiences are essential to this role.
The right person for this position is passionate about developing organizational culture and effectively leverages their communications expertise to drive culture change and engagement. They are a master storyteller, highly adept at crafting compelling stories and narratives, and ultimately connecting with people on a deeper level through their work. They will develop a person-centered organizational voice for all Vincentian audiences, select and publicize informative content that engages each audience, and push the limits for how corporate communications is defined.
It is the duty of all employees to promote and support a resident centered care environment that ensures the treatment of all residents, family members, visitors, fellow employees and customers with kindness, respect, and dignity.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities:
- Synthesizes complex concepts into clear, concise, user-centered content to be deployed within a variety of audiences across all Vincentian communications channels. Utilizes visuals, photography, and video to create compelling messaging that drives the intended effect.
- Establishes a person-centered organizational voice for all Vincentian audiences, incorporating person-centered care philosophies into communications standards as part of a multidisciplinary initiative to impact organizational culture.
- Works independently and efficiently under multiple time-sensitive deadlines, reprioritizing projects as needed and maintaining a consistent high-quality body of work with minimal supervision.
- Regularly generates creative ideas, staying informed of current trends and evidence-based communications practices to continuously evolve corporate communications, continually improving reach and impact.
- Collaborates with key stakeholders throughout the organization to develop content and materials that align with the corporate standards and voice of Vincentian.
- Be Vincentian’s social ambassador, demonstrating a penchant for meeting new people and evangelizing amazing stories through multiple marketing, communications and public relations channels.
- Responsible for managing Vincentian’s digital content and presence across all corporate communication channels (e.g. websites, social media, email, digital signage, etc.), publishing engaging, informative, and compelling content with timely relevance that can be deployed across a wide range of internal and external communications and public relations channels.
- Develops and organizes comprehensive calendar of a corporate communications plan, identifying deliverables across all channels, managing each project, and assuring deadlines are met.
- Assists in the development, execution and evaluation of multichannel corporate communications, marketing, public relations, and sales plan.
- Demonstrates fiscal responsibility, identifying cost-savings opportunities without sacrificing quality; assists in the development and maintenance of the departmental budget.
- Assists with planning, execution and staffing of events which may occur on nights and weekends, documenting events through photos, videos, and social media posts.
- Maintains high level of confidentiality and discretion with sensitive business, personnel, and HIPAA information.
Knowledge, Skills, And Abilities:
- Mission – the individual is committed to the Mission and Values of the Vincentian System. (Mission)
Analytical – the individual is able to prioritize work through analysis and understanding of diverse information. (Judgment)
- Technological Skills- the individual has proficiency in Microsoft Office, computer literacy, computer keyboarding skills and knowledge of basic office equipment. (Job Knowledge)
- Professional –the individual exhibits a professional manner, is dependable and relates well to others including management, colleagues, and individuals inside and outside the Company. (Professionalism)
- Confidentiality – the individual acts appropriately and responds effectively to all sensitive and confidential situations, inquiries or complaints. (Corporate Compliance/Confidentiality)
- Integrity – the individual possesses high ethical standards when dealing with others including management, colleagues, and individuals inside and outside the Company. (Work Ethic)
- Ethical – the individual complies with the Code of Ethical Conduct and the Corporate Compliance Plan and demonstrates this to others at all times. (Corporate Compliance/Confidentiality)
- Problem Solving – the individual identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner by gathering and analyzing information skillfully. (Problem Solving and Decision Making)
- Communication Skills – the individual writes and speaks clearly in completing assignments within the scope of their job responsibilities. (Communication)
- Interpersonal Skills – the individual is able to effectively work with others in a team-oriented environment and effectively interact with fellow employees in both favorable and unfavorable circumstances. (Interpersonal Skills)
- Planning/Organizing – the individual prioritizes and plans work activities, uses time efficiently and develops realistic action plans. (Initiative)
- Adaptability – the individual is easily adaptable in the work environment and is able to deal with change, delays or unexpected events. (Productivity/Efficiency)
- Compliance – the individual complies with federal, state and local laws and regulations to which the facilities are held responsible. (Corporate Compliance/Confidentiality)
- Quality Management – the individual looks for ways to improve and promote quality and demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness. (Quality)
- Safety and Security – the individual actively promotes and personally observes and complies with all safety and security procedures and uses equipment and materials properly. (Safety)
- Bachelor’s degree required. Coursework in Communications, English, Journalism, Organizational Development, Marketing and/or related field.
- At least 5 years of experience in a related area and/or role. Proven ability in creating professional communications for a variety of audiences in multiple mediums across both print and digital.
- Experience with digital platforms and social media preferred. Experience bringing up an intranet and/or employee engagement app a plus.
- Exemplary written communication and grammar skills, excellent verbal communication skills, and expert ability to quickly and effectively tailor all types of communication.
- Passion to develop a culture of engagement and excellence; champion the Vincentian movement.
- Ability to connect with and tell the stories of a wide audience spectrum, quickly developing interpersonal relationships that translate into powerful stories, and demonstrating commitment to diversity in all forms.
- Knowledge and curiosity in the most current thinking in the fields of communications, marketing, person-centered delivery systems, and organizational development.
- Creative thinking and problem-solving; ability to assess organizational needs and develop creatively effective plans to address those needs.
- Highly flexible, independent self-starter; able to respond quickly and positively to shifting demands and opportunities; ability to work under tight deadlines and plan, organize, and carry out multiple detailed tasks.
- Strong project management, planning, organization, and time management skills.
- Proficient in using and managing digital media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, website content management) and MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint). Familiarity with photo and video editing PC software. Highly competent with general computer use.
- Working conditions include normal indoor temperatures. There may also be times when employees perform duties outdoors. Depending on the season, outdoor temperatures will vary.
- Vincentian is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Selected candidates will need to successfully complete pre-hire testing including, a drug test, physical exam, TB test and background check.