The Office of Public Safety & Emergency Management at the University of Pittsburgh is looking to hire a Communications Specialist to fulfill the duties below. This position may be temp to hire and salary is negotiable after a probationary period.
- Monitor and update websites and social media accounts.
- Coordinate the drafting and dissemination of community-wide messages, including during active public safety emergencies.
- Provide on-the-ground, in-person, communication support to PSEM staff during emergency or time-sensitive situations.
- Assist in responding to media inquiries and emergency events. Must respond quickly and accurately with information in complex crises.
- Promote PSEM safety-related activities and events
- Ensure all final content is factually accurate and tailored to the appropriate audience. Information is error-free and is in accordance with PSEM’s and the University’s mission, policies, and procedures.
- Must be available outside regular work hours
- Maintain a high level of confidentiality at all times.
- Ability to travel on and off campus. Some physical effort is required including walking and use of stairs/elevators. Sitting, standing, and walking
Previous experience with Communications/ Intelligence, Marketing, Public Relations, Journalism, or a related field. Excellent computer, Internet, and social media skills. Knowledge of a web-based content management system is essential. Excellent communication skills, written and verbal. Able to manage projects to completion. Must be organized, detail-oriented, and deadline conscious.
The University of Pittsburgh is committed to championing all aspects of diversity, equity, inclusion, and accessibility within our community. This commitment is a fundamental value of the University and is crucial in helping us advance our mission, which includes attracting and retaining diverse workforces. We will continue to create and maintain an environment that allows individuals to discover, belong, contribute, and grow, while honoring the experiences, perspectives, and unique identities of all.
The University of Pittsburgh is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and values equality of opportunity, human dignity and diversity. EOE, including disability/vets. The University of Pittsburgh requires all Pitt constituents (employees and students) on all campuses to be vaccinated against COVID-19 or have an approved exemption. Visit coronavirus.pitt.edu to learn more about this requirement.
Link or email address where applications can be submitted: https://cfopitt.taleo.net/