As a senior leader, the Senior Director of UMC uses their extensive knowledge of digital and traditional media to develop and execute strategic internal and external communication strategies and campaigns that seek to educate, persuade and mobilize stakeholders around the University’s mission, vision, goals and objectives. The Senior Director of UMC, oversees all aspects of strategic internal and external communication for the University including: communication policy, media relations, creative editorial and design services; digital and social media; athletic communication; governmental relations; web development; issues management; and crisis planning and communication. Provides counsel to the president and executive officers regarding communication and public affairs issues.
The Senior Director of UMC also provides strategic direction for the University’s licensing and trademark program, serves as the senior editor of the University magazine, The ROCK; and serves as the University’s official spokesperson.
- 5 – 7 years of progressively responsible experience in communication management preferably in higher education.
- Experience in building, mentoring and coaching a team of communications specialists.
- A commitment to promoting diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging.
- Bachelor’s degree and a combination of significant, related experience is required.
- Successful performance in an on-campus interview.