At PPG, we work every day to develop and deliver the paints, coatings and specialty materials that our customers have trusted for more than 135 years. Through dedication and creativity, we solve our customers’ biggest challenges, collaborating closely to find the right path forward. With headquarters in Pittsburgh, PPG is a Fortune 500 company that operates and innovates in more than 70 countries.
We are seeking a highly motivated, energetic and creative candidate for our Corporate Communications Coordinator position. This is a hourly contractor position and offers an opportunity to work remote, although professionals in the Pittsburgh, PA area are preferred in the event of any on-site needs. As a member of PPG’s Corporate and Government Affairs team, you will work with our team in a fast-paced environment.
Under supervision of the Corporate Communications team, this position will assist in a wide range of activities including:
- Assisting in managing content for PPG’s employee intranet, PPG Today.
- Drafting and editing a wide range of written materials (Intranet articles, FAQs, fact sheets, news releases, etc.).
- Supporting video shoots as needed, including script development and on-site support.
- Distributing and tracking various high-level employee messages via the SAP/ClinkLink system.
- Creating a “Quarterly Review” PowerPoint of PPG’s financial performance and corporate initiatives.
- Crafting a “PPG Overview” PowerPoint on an annual basis.
- Coordinating the PPG My News news/announcement segment of the PPG Today intranet.
- Writing and organizing content for the company’s internal communications channels.
- Closely monitoring media coverage and compiling reports.
- Updating portions of PPG’s online newsroom on an as-needed basis.
- Maintaining the executive photo and bio library.
- Uploading images to PPG’s Digital Asset Management System.
- Collaborating with other team members on various projects as needed.
- Administrative duties as necessary.
- College graduate in communications, public relations, marketing, journalism or related field
- Excellent writing, research, and communication skills. Knowledge of Associated Press style.
- Ability to work 30-40 hrs/week
- Motivated, responsible, self-starter
- Ability to work quickly and efficiently
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Creative and resourceful
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong organizational skills
- Possess general office administrative skills
- Proficient with PowerPoint, Excel, Word
- Comfortable communicating with colleagues, leaders and vendors
- Photoshop/design skills a plus, but not required
- Strong writing, editing and proof-reading skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and projects on tight deadlines while maintaining top quality deliverables; ability to be flexible in a fast-paced environment
Please submit cover letter, resume and writing samples to GOF311G@ppg.com.