WHO WE ARE
Michael Baker International is a leading provider of architectural, engineering and consulting services, including design, planning, environmental, construction and program management. The company provides its comprehensive range of services and solutions to support U.S. federal, state, and municipal governments, foreign allied governments, and a wide range of commercial clients. Michael Baker’s more than 3,000 employees across nearly 100 locations are committed to a culture of innovation, collaboration and technological advancement to help solve challenges for clients and communities throughout the country. To learn more, visit https://mbakerintl.com/.
Michael Baker International understands that people require choices in where they want to begin to build a sustainable future. For more than 80 years, Michael Baker International has maintained an entrepreneurial work environment that fosters great careers, which ultimately has brought great success to the organization. Michael Baker offers many opportunities to help you grow professionally to build your career. Whether it is in Finance, IT, Human Resources, Technology, Communications, Proposal Production, Legal or our National Practice and Market segments, take your next step with us and help make a difference in the lives of those you work with and those we serve.
Michael Baker International is seeking a Corporate Communications Specialist to join the team in our downtown Pittsburgh headquarters office. The successful candidate will work closely with the Director of Internal Communications to identify, develop, and edit content for our Intranet, newsletters, presentations, and other internal communications materials to support our company’s brand and strategic goals.
Our Corporate Communications Specialist will Make a Difference by supporting our central Corporate Communications team as a key contributor of content for our internal audiences. To further strengthen our shared sense of community, this individual will highlight our people, projects, and innovations, and elevate the voice of employees across the organization.
- Identify, develop, and edit content for our Intranet, newsletters, presentations, and other internal communications materials to support our company’s brand and strategic goals
- Further strengthen our shared sense of community by highlighting our people, projects, and innovations across the organization
- Draft our monthly wellness newsletter, featuring curated information and resources for physical and mental health
- Review and edit communications materials to ensure accuracy, as well as alignment with our company’s standard of excellence
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Marketing, English, or related writing-intensive field
- 3-5 years of experience in corporate communications and/or PR agency setting
- Brings a start-up mentality and entrepreneurial spirit to the position, complemented by an understanding of what it takes to deliver real, measurable results within a large corporation
- Exhibits a sense of urgency to consistently identify and develop fresh, compelling, and engaging content
- Is a strong writer and editor who can develop a variety of communications material for digital and print channels
- Is a tenacious self-starter who can handle multiple projects simultaneously, has exceptional attention to detail and deadlines, excels in a highly collaborative team environment and on his/her own
- Excels at building relationships that engender trust and confidence in colleagues, business partners and clients through superior service
- Has the flexibility to occasionally travel domestically