Interim Manager of Internal Communications (Contractor), PPG Architectural Coatings
The Interim PPG Architectural Coatings U.S. and Canada (AC USCA) Manager of Internal Communications will be responsible for managing internal communications on behalf of the business.
This interim position reports to the Senior Manager of Employee Communications and supports the overall goals of the PPG AC USCA communications team and the business. This position will primarily support broad, business communications with 7,000+ employees.
The position is a five (5) month full-time contract position to support the current Senior Internal Communications Manager during maternity leave and will include on/off transition periods at the fore and backend of the timeline.
The key job responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to:
- Overseeing all internal corporate communications.
- Managing key, broad-impacting change management communications within the business (ie ERP conversions, wage reductions, facility closures, etc).
- Managing video software/technology (working with IT) to support engaging and dynamic video content for employees.
- Overseeing development and planning; writing, editing and assessing employee communications, including quarterly newsletters, AC News Portal articles, TVs, posters, news updates, video scripts, executive communications (memos, PPTs, talking points), and other employee communications.
- Ensuring appropriate communications are disseminated to the AC network in a timely and professional manner.
- Implementing executive quarterly employee townhall meetings and monthly roundtable meetings.
- Identifying, developing and communicating key business initiatives and programs.
- Setting and maintaining editorial standards to ensure consistency in messaging, style and tone.
- Ensuring appropriate measurement techniques are used to assess communications effectiveness and continually improving processes policies and channels as appropriate.
- Working closely with global Corporate Communications team to generate AC coverage via global vehicles.
- Working closely with the external communications team to promote media coverage and key brand initiatives internally with employees.
- Supporting the implementation of Colorful Communities activities in the U.S. and Canada, primarily providing internal communications support, but occasionally coordinating projects.
- Supporting the day-to-day management of the AC Foundation budget, engaging with site leaders; promote grants internally.
- Ensuring governance of paint donation policy across the AC network; coordinate monthly council review and quarterly reporting.
- Supporting crisis communications.
- Assisting with additional special projects as needed.
- Responsible for management of one junior staff member.
This person will ensure professional, responsive, accurate and thorough support of the business to drive the strategy to be a leading architectural coatings company delivering profitable growth through a portfolio of strong brands and innovative products that serve consumer and professional customers across distribution channels.
- Must have 5+ years’ experience in corporate communications or at a public relations agency
- Must have a bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, public relations, marketing or a related field.
- Must have experience in corporate internal communications at a large multi-national company or at a public relations agency supporting a large multi-national company.
- Must have the experience and ability to prioritize and simultaneously manage numerous projects and deadlines.
- Must have the experience and ability to work independently and within a team.
- Must have the experience and ability to work cross-functionally and with others in varying levels of the organization.
- Must have the ability to manage external agencies and freelance writers.
- Strong writing, editing and proofreading skills. Strong knowledge of Associated Press style.
- Strong ability to establish and maintain strong relationships with both internal and external stakeholders: management, employees, managers, agencies and customers.
- Ability to interact with and positively influence all departments and levels within the organization, including executives.
- Master’s degree in public affairs, communications, public relations, journalism, business, marketing or a related field.
- Experience managing direct reports.
- Experience managing the budgeting processes.
To apply for this position, please send resume and brief cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.