Vice President of Communications, Allegheny County Airport Authority
Under the limited supervision of the SVP of Marketing and Communications, Vice President of Communications is responsible for strategy and execution of all communications and PR priorities while employing data and metrics to demonstrate impact. Communication efforts target both internal and external audiences, including the development and execution of strategic plans to increase visibility of brand with employees, customers, the media and key stakeholders. He/She is a highly visible leader internally and externally that will act as consultant to senior management and internal clients providing excellent strategic counsel and timely, best-in-class communications strategy and programming.
- Create a bold vision for communications and PR strategy as the leader of external and internal communications team;
- In collaboration with VP of Marketing and Executive Editor of Blue Sky News, oversee the development of external communication content, including press releases, brand messaging, event communication, thought leadership opportunities, and award submissions;
- Manage proactive and reactive speaker’s bureau and oversee the development of senior leadership speech and script writing;
- Oversee social media presence ensuring high visibility of brand;
- Support crisis management communications, Blue Sky News writing and high-profile media interviews as needed;
- Develop and own internal communication execution plans, including identifying innovative opportunities to expand internal communications presence to drive awareness and impact;
- Implement a system for measuring return on investment from communications and PR activities and use metrics and data, including insights from existing customer research, to guide performance improvement efforts as necessary;
- Manage the Communications team providing support and development through performance management, coaching, training, motivation, and discipline;
- In collaboration with VP of Marketing, facilitate the coordination of Communications and PR related activities, including resource management, project management, agency management and external vendor management;
- Develop and manage the departmental budget;
- Perform other related tasks as assigned or required;
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
- Thorough knowledge of the principles, practices and techniques in building effective programs and processes for internal and external communication strategies;
- Strong writing and editing skills with outstanding attention to detail;
- Proficiency in assessing needs, developing long-term plans and strategies, and excellent project management skills;
- Research, interpersonal, organizational, reasoning, problem-solving and analytical skills;
- Capability to interact effectively with university community and external customers, collaborating and building strong relationships;
- Ability to provide strategic direction and advice for internal/external communications;
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation communication skills;
- Communication – Articulates long-term vision in a compelling way that inspires the team; Actively engages in discussions with peers; Able to confront peers to challenge thinking respectfully
- Strategic Thinking – Analyzes financial, brand and employee impact of major project decisions prior to implementation; Able to identify industry trends and understands competitive landscape
- Team Leadership – Able to assess and deploy talent against project objectives; Focused on developing team talent; Leads through delegation and providing opportunity for team to excel; Takes decisive action with urgency
- Customer Centricity – Understands cross-functional roles to produce a positive customer experience; Makes decisions based on the best interest of all or most stakeholders
The following requirements list the minimum education/training/experience required to qualify for this job. An equivalent combination of education and/or experience may be accepted.
- Bachelor’s degree in Public Relations, Journalism, Marketing, Communications or Business Administration from an accredited college or university. Master’s Degree Preferred.
- Ten years related experience in in internal & external communications, 5 years at the managerial level.
- Possess, or obtain prior to employment, a valid driver’s license. Note: license must be maintained throughout employment.
SUPERVISION EXERCISED / RECEIVED
Directly supervises Manager, Communication / Receives limited supervision from SVP, Marketing & Communications
The physical demands that are described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk to hear to see. The employee is regularly required to stand, sit and walk. The employee is regularly required to use hands to finger handle and feel; reach with hands and arms, climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and /or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distant vision.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to a moderate or quiet noise level in the office work environment. Subject to remain on duty beyond normal hours or be recalled to duty up to 24 hours per day, seven days a week during emergency situations or other extensive periods.
Employment is contingent upon the results of a post-offer (initial employment or promotion) physical examination performed by the Authority’s examining physician.
Employment is contingent upon the results of a post-offer (initial employment or promotion) drug screening. Continued employment may be subject to drug and alcohol testing conducted without advance notice and without individualized suspicion.
PRE-EMPLOYMENT BACKGROUND INVESTIGATION
Ability to successfully pass a thorough investigation consisting of a criminal history check (including but not limited to the requirements of TSR 1542.209), verification of prior employment and performance, reference and credentials checks, and in some cases credit history.
To apply, please visit www.flypittsburgh.com/careers, or email Kayla Panning at email@example.com.